The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 22, 2002, 12:26 PM   #1
rusher

Charlotte area shotgun courses"

Hey guys

My collection is mostly complete........

I've got a Bushmaster shorty, SKS(chinese), a Springfield 1911 and most important my Beretta 1201FP.......What I'm asking is is there any place near(Charlotte area) where I can take some classes for general shotgunning and then move on to a more tactical/home defense type instruction? I tend to lack much experience in this. If anyone has a spot of land or a range that we or I could go to to run some drills. I would be able to compensate for the instruction or use of the land or both.

Thanks
Rusher
Old August 23, 2002, 05:44 PM   #2
VaughnT

www.ronin-group.com is a school based in Simpsonville, SC and they use, or so I was told, the Spartanburg Shooting Club range for their shotgun/rifle/pistol classes. I've heard good things about them, but haven't been there yet. Spartanburg isn't that far from Charlotte and it would make for a good weekend class.
Old August 25, 2002, 10:26 PM   #3
Crazyquik

For trap/skeet you can go to the Rowan Wildlife Club which isn't that far. They have practical pistol shoots too, cowboy action, high power rifle, etc. Dont think they have tactical shotgun though.

J.
Old August 27, 2002, 05:03 PM   #4
VaughnT

www.ronin-grp.com

Sorry about that.
Old August 28, 2002, 01:56 PM   #5
jimsbowies

in the swamps

www.blackwaterusa.com

Located in Moyock, NC...."you can't get there from here" but it is in Northeastern NC and has quite a facility.