The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 22, 2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Mosol

Question about obtaining another FFL

about 10 years ago I had a bait and tackle shop in MS. I also had an FFL and sold a few guns. Maybe 100 a year, not anything spectacular. We had a inspection and there where several problems with the record keeping. All firearms where accounted for but I lost my FFL all the same. Problem I had to many different employees going in and out of the log book with poor oversight. Everyone seemed to do it a little different from each other and some errors where made.

No lost guns, or anything criminal just record keeping errors which I guess in the grand scheme of things is bad enough. Just nothing criminal

Skip forward to today. I am moving to FL and am contemplating selling a few guns like before in my new bait and tackle shop. Can someone tell me if I will even be issued another FFL when I apply? Anyone ever hear of something like this or know of a shop this has happened to?
Old January 22, 2013, 04:12 PM   #2
carguychris

I don't mean to be snide, but any advice you receive on this forum regarding your situation is going to be worth exactly what you paid for it.

IMHO you need a good attorney.
Old January 22, 2013, 11:42 PM   #3
dogtown tom

Quote:
Mosol .....Can someone tell me if I will even be issued another FFL when I apply?....
Sure.......ATF can.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old January 23, 2013, 05:03 PM   #4
2ndsojourn

Assuming you're married, maybe put the FFL in your wife's name.