The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 21, 2011, 11:44 PM   #1
ftballgod

best gun safe for my nightstand.

i need to buy a gun safe for my night stand drawer, or to go under my bed. untill a few weeks ago i just kept my gun ON the night stand. but 3 weeks ago my girlfriend moved in. she is ok with guns, but does not like the idea of a loaded handgun just being in a drawer or out in the open. i dont like an extra step between me and my gun, but this is something i have to do to keep things civil.

i have looked around and i kinda like the biometric ones, or the ones with the hand prints. i need something i can open in the dark and in a hurry. does anyone have any sugestions? (getting a new girlfriend is not an option) lol

thanks
Old June 22, 2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Mudinyeri

Gun Vault Biometric. Practice opening it in the dark in your bed just like you would practice drawing from a holster.
Old June 22, 2011, 08:50 AM   #3
TailGator

I have a GunVault Microvault. It fits nicely in a drawer, and it also fits under a car seat. It comes with a cable so you can secure it to car or truck seats, hotel room furniture, etc., making it very versatile. Mine is not biometric, but it opens in 1 to 1.5 seconds. I am quite satisfied with it overall, and consider it a good purchase.
Old June 23, 2011, 08:48 AM   #4
45Gunner

Dude, are you going to let your girlfriend run the roost? First she doesn't like your handgun on the nightstand and next thing is she is going to start telling you to put the toilet seat down when you leave the bathroom...in your own house. Next thing ya know you will lose control of your life and you will be walking around saying, "Yes dear" for the rest of your miserable life.

Be a man...tell your girlfriend the gun was on the nightstand for years and that is where it going to stay...get used to it or leave.
NRA Life Member
Old June 23, 2011, 08:51 AM   #5
Skadoosh

I undstand the "gotta give a little to get a little"-thing in relationships, but I have to agree with 45Gunner on this.
Old June 23, 2011, 09:36 AM   #6
TailGator

Maybe she is pregnant and hasn't told him yet, and wants him to start making preparations to childproof the home.

It doesn't kill anybody to put the seat down on the toilet. If you put the lid down, too, it keeps the dogs out of it.
Old June 29, 2011, 09:39 AM   #7
FAS1

Mount just about anywhere you like. Won't work inside a typical nightstand drawer, but that wouldn't be ideal anyway since the drawer could just be taken by a thief. Solid construction and does not use any elec. or batteries.

Old June 29, 2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Rifleman1776

"civil"???
Is being too slow to protect her and yourself in the middle of the night civil?
IMHO, those nightstand gun safes are a very stupid idea.
When children come you will have to rethink the entire situation.

Tags
bedside , gun vault , home defense