The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 30, 2013, 02:16 PM   #1
carguychris

Beretta 90 7.65mm (NOT 90-Two)

Howdy all,

A recent trip to a LGS unveiled an interesting specimen that I'm unfamiliar with. It was a Beretta 90 in 7.65mm Browning aka .32ACP, a very interesting gun IMHO; it lacks the open-top slide normally found on modern-era Berettas, and has nifty Art Deco styling that seems like a cross between a Walther PPK and an FN Browning Model 1910. It's a DA/SA pistol unlike the more familiar SAO 70-series and 1934/1935-series.

I've not been able to find much info about these guns, particularly online, as the Googles seem to have it confused with the much more familiar 90-Two.

Does anyone have any info or stories to share about this gun?

Thanks!
Old January 30, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2
PSP

http://www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20...0Roma%2090.htm

Do your "googles" under Beretta model 90. That may help.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Yung.gunr

So Chris, did you buy it? It looks very interesting. I'm sure it would add a lot to your collection.

What are they asking for it?
Old January 30, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4
carguychris

The Berettaweb page was the only thing I found! I was hoping for some input from someone who has actually owned or shot one.
Quote:
So Chris, did you buy it? It looks very interesting. I'm sure it would add a lot to your collection... What are they asking for it?
I didn't buy it. The asking price was $400, but my cookie jar is almost empty, ironically from stocking up on .380ACP ammo (BEFORE the election) for a recently-purchased Beretta 84.

Also, I seldom impulse-buy guns, particularly if I have no idea what the gun is, much less what it's worth. Blue Book for the gun is considerably less than the asking price, but the published values often don't mean much for guns that are uncommon but aren't considered particularly collectible.