The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 7, 2012, 03:49 PM   #1
deadhand31

XD9 Subcompact slide jam

Hello. Recently I purchased a Springfield XD9 for concealed carry. After cleaning it, however, I worked the slide to cycle bullets through to make sure it was feeding properly. However, I'm now at the point where there is a live round in the chamber, and the slide won't move back all the way. The back of the barrel moves down a little, and slide moves back almost a centimeter, however it won't go back farther. I also have indication that the gun is cocked. Ideas, or should i take it into a gunsmith?
Old May 7, 2012, 03:50 PM   #2
deadhand31

I also want to point out that I have the sense not to try to fire it while it is in this condition. That is all for now.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Ralph Allen

Things that I have tried when in your situation with other guns. Using a table of some sort, put the front of the slide on the edge and push while pulling back on the rear with the other hand. If the gun is out of battery it probably won't fire, but still never pull the trigger. Is the tacke down lever back to it's horizontal position? Make sure the magazine is out of the pistol while trying any fix. The pushing using a solid table usually works.
Ralph