The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 16, 2006, 02:20 AM   #1
StrikeEagle

Wooden Stock for MAC-11

I have a MAC-11 .380. Many years ago I remember seeing Wooden Stocks for these. You just slid the collapsable stock out and put the fixed wooden stock in the same slots.

Took me long enough to figure out out, but I'm interested. Does anyone know where these stocks are available? Thank you!

StrikeEagle
Old February 16, 2006, 11:18 AM   #2
shaggy

I remember the ads for those stocks in MGN, but I don't remember the name of the company and I doubt they're still in business. Nice stocks if you can find them though. The best option I can think of would be to check out www.max-11.com for either a synthetic fixed or folding stock. Their stocks are designed for the M11, but they may have a variant for the M11-A1 in .380

If not, you could give it a try yourself if you've got some tools and talent. Its basically a short set of stock rails bolted or screwed onto a wooden stock. I think you could get a spare wire stock and cut it down for use with a fixed stock. The M11 (and I think the M11-A1) stocks I've seen all have a small backplate where the buttstock pivots. This plate has a small hole whck could be used as an attachment point for a screw & washer into a wood stock. Find, make, or modify the kind of stock you want and attach it to the rails with a bolt or screws.
Old February 16, 2006, 02:23 PM   #3
cntrailrider

Yes you can build one easily, just as nice as the ready-made ones sold at Knob Creek for $40 - $80.

Saw your stock out of a board, sand the corners, and find some flat steel stock to make a pair of rails from. Dremmel the locking notches, sandwich/screw the stock between them and you're good to go.

Steve
Old February 16, 2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Hkmp5sd

If you can't find nothing else, you might be able to adapt an Uzi wooden stock to fit the M11. They're in SGN for around $40.