The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 4, 2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Pottermountainman

Nosler accubond 130gr .277

I need some help finding some nosler 130gr accubond 270 bullets. Iv been everywhere on the net and through all my old catalogs and they all tell me their sold out. Did they end production? I just find it odd that nobody has these in stock.
Old March 4, 2012, 10:52 PM   #2
JTJones

http://www.shop.rmrbullets.com/product.sc?productId=89 They are pulled bullets. Its the only place i can find them in stock.
Old March 5, 2012, 05:34 AM   #3
hooligan1

Over here in Independence, I have two or three options, Bass-Pro, Cabelas, Armsmart, and there are a couple more places here that carry bullets.
Have you tried Midway, Sinclair International, (Brownells) Midsouth,,,,,,?

And no they didn't end production on that bullet, it's too popular! ( my favorite .277 also.
Old March 5, 2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Pottermountainman

Thanks for the tip jtjones! I checked with all the big guys first and worked my way down to the little stores around me. They all carry them, but nobody has any in stock.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:41 AM   #5
mmac

I couldn't find them anywhere either, so I reached out to Nosler directly. I got an email back from them stating the next production run for these was in Mid April. This makes sense because most of the big players like midway, cabelas are showing backordered till Mid May.

I think it is really stupid. Love Nosler, but this delay forced me to try the Swift Scir II. I used the same load as my Barnes TTTSX and got 5 shots at about 1inch. I am sure I would do better with the accubonds, but that is plenty good for me in hunting and a great performing bullet.

So Nosler lost me for a while since I have a good load and 85 more of those to use before I would try to build a new load.