The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 5, 2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Dead

Range Report: Trio of free handguns :)

I posted prior about recieving 3 handguns for free. A dual tone sig 228, stainless beretta 92fs, beretta 92fs compact. Well I finally made it out to the range today to try them out...

I will say that I USED love glock, felt really good in my hand and the recoil was not too bad even though it is a compact in 40...

Well I tried the sig 228 first. All the mags were new and hard to load, hmm I was thinking going to bust my fingers real good! Loaded the mags up with 115gr win fmj and shot a few mags. I tried the double and single action, both are real smooth and crisp. Double taps start with double action were easy, though the single action trigger pull seems very lite. I now see the hype over sigs

Both the berettas were nearly as great though the gripa did seem a bit thick. The compact needed a little dab of oil to function perfectly after all it wasn't out of a case for over ten years. The full sized has a secondary market grip that is bulky, the compact has a houge? grip that is awesome.

Shot some 124 and 147grain +p premium self defence ammo as well, all of the guns shot them better than I could...

End results is that my dad now has 4 new guns, including a glock that was mine... I am shopping for a sig now

Last edited by Dead; December 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old December 5, 2012, 10:03 PM   #2
AdrianVall

Well, I must have missed the post.. but how in the world did you get 3 FREE amazing guns?!
Old December 5, 2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Dead

Friend gave them to me, otherwise they were going to be turned into the local pd...
Old December 5, 2012, 10:46 PM   #4
AndyWest

I hate to ask...

But I gotta ask...
Old December 5, 2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Dead

Ask what?
Old December 5, 2012, 10:56 PM   #6
AndyWest

Three free great guns that were almost turned in to the PD? I resisted posting that in all caps. Everyone is gunna want the story there before commenting on your experience and luck.
Old December 5, 2012, 11:06 PM   #7
Dead

Friend's spouse was deceased years prior and they wanted them gone! I offered cash for them but to no avail, dealer offered to sell them and told her what they are worth (I offered around that figure) but refused and just gave them to me. Well there was a cost, the dealer transfer fees but that is nothing really, and would be incurred with any purchase. Finally yes I do feel I owe them for their gift to me.

Almost got lucky on another beretta 92fs, but it was turned in to nypd as renewal of their license was too much (they would have given it to me if I talked to them prior)
Old December 5, 2012, 11:30 PM   #8
AndyWest

Oh! Truly sorry to hear about the circumstances. I hope you'll find a way to send a token of thanks.

Those are a fine trio indeed. I have Hogue grips on my full-sized 92fs also and love them. And my SIG P226 (also with Hogues) is possibly the favorite in my personal collection. Do your friend a favor and shoot and enjoy them!