The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 17, 2006, 04:30 PM   #1
CrustyFN

High tech bullets

Has anybody bought anything from here. http://iidbs.com/hitech/ Their prices for FMJ seem cheaper than Berry's or Rainier plated. Just wondered if anyone has used them and if you are happy with them.
Rusty
Old October 18, 2006, 02:19 AM   #2
Crosshair

Don't know about the plain bullets, but the tracers look like a good deal. They are cheaper than the regular bullets. Anyone know about the Incendiary bullets? Seem really expencive.
Old October 18, 2006, 02:44 AM   #3
T. O'Heir

"...Incendiary bullets..." They're illegal. They're made to start fires. Mind you, from the description, the bullets they're selling aren't real incendiaries anyway.
Plated bullets are not FMJ's. They're cast bullets with a thin plating of copper on them. They're loaded with cast bullet data. And an FMJ isn't plated. An FMJ has a thick copper jacket. A lot of ranges won't let you shoot FMJ's anyway.
"...30-06 - Virgin - USGI - Primer Removed..." This is nonsense. Virgin brass is brand new brass fresh from the factory.
"...IMR 4895 - (Same as Commercial 4895)..." IMR4895 is commercial powder.
These guys are BS artists or they have no idea what they're talking about.
Old October 18, 2006, 05:00 PM   #4
tINY

Incendiary bullets aren't illegal everywhere....

Just Canada and about a dozen states if I remember correctly. They are a lot of fun if you have a good, contained place to shoot them.

-tINY