The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 19, 2013, 10:10 AM   #1
mayosligo

NBC now admits no Assault Rifle used at Newtown

So I am seeing a number of reports from non- mainstream that NBC admits that an assault weapon was not used.

This is one from the independent Journal.
Pete Williams, who is NBC’s chief Justice correspondent, reported the following in the video posted above:

This continues to be a very complex investigation and there is a lot of contradictory information out there, but we have some new information this morning (one month ago) from a couple of federal officials and state officials.

They say now that there were actually four handguns inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently only handguns that were taken into the school.

We knew that Adam Lanza, the man said to be the gunman here, also had an ‘assault-style’ AR-15 -style rifle that he had had taken to the school, it was in the car he drove there, his mother’s car, but we have been told by several officials that he had left that in the car.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:14 AM   #2
BillM

Link?
Old January 19, 2013, 10:15 AM   #3
mayosligo

So can anyone confirm if this is reality or conspiracy?
Old January 19, 2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Xfire68

The problem is people put to much trust in reporting/media. They all scrambled to be the first to report what guns were used and ended up leaving 80% of the public misinformed.

Wait for an offical report to come out before speculating anymore about it.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:17 AM   #5
mayosligo

Bill. There are multiple links I have found. Most show the information released yesterday but the information seems dated. If you out "no assault weapon" into a search phrase you get multiple reports. But again. This might be conspiracy.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:19 AM   #6
tyme
Staff

Cite sources.

Very shortly after the event, I remember one or two news reports saying the rifle was left in the car. All later reports I saw were that a rifle was used.

News organizations sometimes get information wrong when they're rushing to report on an event. That's not evidence of a lie or of a conspiracy.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old January 19, 2013, 10:43 AM   #7
patriotic

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/3020...town-shooting/
Old January 19, 2013, 10:51 AM   #8
mayosligo

Ok, so it is most likely conspiracy. I got an email from a friend about it so I started researching. I could not find a whole bunch of "reputable" sources but it was off that so many were showing as reported within the last 24 hours. The friend I for the original from is not a conspiracy type normally so I thought I would run it by here to see if anyone else had input.
Unfortunately. Today it is so tough to trust anything you read no matter the source since there are so many agendas out there.
Old January 19, 2013, 11:12 AM   #9
horatioo

Quote:
News organizations sometimes get information wrong when they're rushing to report on an event. That's not evidence of a lie or of a conspiracy.
it's evidence of them reporting things they dont know to be true, which is just as bad.

It is not hard for the reporter to print what he knows and leave the stuff he thinks, but doesnt know, on the editing floor.
Old January 19, 2013, 11:21 AM   #10
Double Naught Spy

The news media reports, in many cases such as the CT shooting, what is told to them by sources. When a spokesperson from the police tells them information, they do not know it to be true. In many cases, they cannot even begin to verify if it is true or not because they are not allowed inside the crime scene, so they report what is told to them.

NBC didn't admit to anything. They reported what was being told at the time it was being told. What is in that link was the information reported by the POLICE to reporters at the time that changed. It was also reported that the shooter was somebody else. There was no conspiracy there at all. The name given was provided by the police, but turned out to be wrong.
Old January 19, 2013, 11:32 AM   #11
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Conspiracy theory stuff due to poor initial reporting.
Old January 19, 2013, 11:32 AM   #12
slim9300

http://youtu.be/98TV7OFazFU

So a "couple of Feds and state officials were going out of their way to lie to NBC?" This video was from the morning AFTER the shooting for anyone that wants to know.

And the AR-15 was in the trunk right? Does this look like an AR-15 to people that actually know guns?

http://youtu.be/bGALsV6BzFI

But wait? The medical examiners goes out of his way to state that all of the victims were killed by the "long rifle!?"

http://youtu.be/BjlmFG4W7-s

If you can watch all of this and not understand what is going on, I don't know what to say. Open your eyes people.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste. What I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before." -- White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel in November, 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread