Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 29, 2002, 01:07 PM   #1
don't shoot it's me

unbelievable deal on scorpion light

http://store.yahoo.com/botach/streamlight.html

it's like getting the light for free...and some batteries
Old October 29, 2002, 01:35 PM   #2
Foxy

It's Botach though.. I've heard enough negative feedback about them to make me think twice before ordering something from them.
Old October 29, 2002, 02:52 PM   #3
don't shoot it's me

Is it the merchandise of the service? I can drive there if it's problems with oorders...
Old October 29, 2002, 04:02 PM   #4
Airwolf

Despite all the bad stuff I've heard about them, I've lucked out so far.

Orders have been filled quickly. Only outstanding issue is several items that have been backordered for a month. Sent a message about it on Sat and was notified today that the items are expected in 1-2 weeks.
On Sepember 13, 2004 "Free America" became a bit more free with the sunset of the AWB. On that same day California banned the .50BMG. The nation looks to California as a "trend setter". Ignore what happened here at your own peril.

California: The New And Improved CCCP
Old October 29, 2002, 05:03 PM   #5
hksigwalther

All of the Scorpions I've ever bought were from Botach. Although I hadn't had any problems with the service, I've read enough to not order from them anymore. It could be that I just got lucky the 2 or 3 times I ordered from them. If you can drive up to them and get them over the counter, I'd go for it.
Old October 29, 2002, 06:07 PM   #6
JohnKirk

20 Lithium batteries ? Good gosh, that's a hundred bucks or so !!Is that a misprint ?
Old October 30, 2002, 12:48 AM   #7
don't shoot it's me

not a misprint....I never realized you can get them so cheap...i found places on the web for 1.65 each....do a search and you will too...and all this time I thought 7-10 bucks was a good deal...live and learn...
Old October 30, 2002, 05:45 AM   #8
Guyon

It's a good deal, but that's about par for the course at Botach. The Scorpions go for around $30 when they're on sale, and their yearly battery specials are excellent as well. Botach has simply combined their usual sale prices in this deal. If I didn't already have three Scorpions and a cache of extra batteries, I'd go for this deal.

I'll keep ordering from Botach until I get burnt. One member here advised that you call and check on availability by phone. Then, you place your order on the web. This avoids any problems with backorders. Also, with a web order, there's no linguistic barrier or confusion as to what you're ordering. I've placed about five or six orders there, and this method has worked for me so far.
Old October 30, 2002, 10:02 AM   #9
Coronach

I think the way you avoid getting burned by Botach is to order one thing at a time. That way you don't end up paying $5 shipping and handling on your order of 2 flashlights, a tactical sling and a Fisher Space Pen and end up getting only the Fisher Space Pen.

Also, ordering what they have on sale/promo is probably safe...they almost certainly have a bunch of that in stock. Thats why its on sale/promo.

I'm the guy who has been lucky with botach thus far. Not only have I receieved everything I've ordered, I've received some stuff I haven't. When i asked them if they wanted it back, they declined. *shrug*

Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein
Old October 31, 2002, 11:02 AM   #10
Foxy

Actually.. I just got a better deal on a Streamlight Polystinger. One just showed up in my mailbox yesterday from Tanner's Storefront. I never ordered the thing! It says it was bought by me and shipped by me, but charged on a Mastercard - I don't have a mastercard. I already have two Surefire flashlights that are smaller, brighter, and run longer than the Polystinger.. so I think I'll just send it back or something.
Old November 2, 2002, 09:38 AM   #11
kobun

I have only ordered from Botach once.
I found their customer service to be wery good. I was going to the US, so I ordered a bunch of stuff to be dropped off at a adress in the US on a specific date.
The package came just like I ordered, but to be fair to those that haven't gotten all the things they ordered, I gave them almost two weeks to get that order together together.

K.