The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 29, 2002, 11:42 AM   #1
Mylhouse

No customer support at G-Code?

I bought a GCode for my Kimber recently at a gunshow (GCode dealer), and bought it without trying it first. I liked the way that it worked with my buddy's Glock at the show, so I figured it was good to go with a 1911 (plus I didn't have my Kimber with me). I took it home and was not happy with the retention at the trigger guard.

Anyway, I shot the following email off to our own Scott Evans at G-Code, sent on 10/15/02:

Scott,

I bought a G-Code paddle holster from a vendor at a gunshow (Crossroads of the West, Phoenix), remembering all the recommendations from members of Glocktalk and The Firing Line.

I've carried my Kimber in it several times, and it is very comfortable, rides VERY close to the body, and conceals better than anything else I've tried.

My concern is about the retention. Every other kydex holster I've tried or owned uses the trigger guard as the main point of retention. You can hear and feel the pistol 'snick' into place when the trigger guard makes it past the holster's indentations and locks into its final resting place. The flats of the slide are usually NOT used for friction retention.
However, on my holster, the flats of my 1911 are very tight in the holster. My G-Code pretty much retains just like a leather holster. On my particular example, the trigger guard seems misshapen. The trigger guard area of my holster provides almost no retention. Tightening or loosening the retention screw seems to make absolutely no difference in the level of retention that I'm getting. When holstered, I can turn the holster upside down and give it a little shake and gun comes falling out, even with the screw torqued down.

Is all this normal for your holsters? Or is mine perhaps defective?

Thanks for your time,

Dave

I never received a response, so I sent it again on 10/20/02. To this date, I still haven't gotten a response.

Has their email expired perhaps? Am I being ignored? I'm being careful not to run to any assumptions or try to crucify Scott or the company on this forum, but I'm beginning to wonder.
Old October 29, 2002, 12:11 PM   #2
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Not sure as to why your e-mail was not replied to. The only explanation I can offer is that I missed it. My apologies. Occasionally the volume of mail combined with volume of production is more then I can do. If I don’t get right back with you, say within 24 hours, I most likely missed it. The business is at that point where the work load justifies a few more folks but the budget has not caught up with the need. As such I do my best to fill the gap with extra hours until I can get the extra people. It is never my intention to ignore anyone. I’m glad you posted here.

As to the holster … All G-Code products have a factory 100% satisfaction guarantee. Your holster should provide retention around the trigger guard. PM me here or e-mail your snail mail addy and I’ll ship you a replacement holster.

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old October 29, 2002, 04:52 PM   #3
eap

i had a problem with my g-code holster a while back and scott went way out of his way to fix it and threw in some free gear too! i'm sure it was an honest mistake and i'm sure he'll take care of you.
Old October 29, 2002, 08:07 PM   #4
Mylhouse

I really appreciate you looking into the matter, Scott. You are a stand-up guy.

I sent a private message.

Thanks!
Old October 30, 2002, 05:07 PM   #5
Correia

Hey Scott, you might have missed my last e-mail. I've got some pretty good news for you. You may want to check it.
Old October 30, 2002, 05:17 PM   #6
OF

I have had trouble reaching Scott via email in the past as well. I am convinced it is simply because he is a busy man, and honestly missed the emails. When we did correspond, he went out of his way to make sure I was happy - well above and beyond. It is my experience that in business, sometimes things just happen. It's not the thing happening that concerns me, it's how it is handled when it somes to their attention. That, to me, shows where they stand re: customer service.

I will do business with Scott in the future without hesitation.

I dig the holster too.

- Gabe