The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 23, 2002, 03:48 PM   #1
bikeguy

Fist Kydex holster question

A co-worker of mine just got one of the Fist Kydex holsters. Has one problem with it though - the fit is so tight that it is difficult (sometimes impossible) to draw from it. How can he loosen the fit up a little without damaging it?
Old October 23, 2002, 07:08 PM   #2
Drjones

When I got my FIST holster, it was a bit tight too. I found that it loosens up nicely with use. It just needs to be broken in.

Also, mine has the sweat panel, and I find it helps to draw if you push off of that with your thumb as you are drawing.
Old October 24, 2002, 05:03 PM   #3
eap

fist makes the worst kydex. after i got mine i had the same problem even after i removed the tension screw to loosen it up completely and the fit was terrible. a leather holster you break in, shouldn't have to with kydex.

from every other real kydex holster maker they fit like a glove and tension can be adjusted fully. ditch that pos and get a sidearmor/g-code/comp-tac/bladetech.
Old October 24, 2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Drjones

Did you ever think that maybe you just got a lemon?

The fit on my Fist is top-notch. Mine also doesn't have a retaining screw. I think holsters with retaining screws are a very bad idea.
Old October 25, 2002, 06:01 AM   #5
eap

i handled one other fist holster and same problem. other people have noted the same thing.

retaining screw? do you mean tension screw? if so, all the major kydex manufacturers use them and they work great. on leather they are a bad idea, my opinion ofcourse.
Old October 25, 2002, 07:24 AM   #6
tobeat1

I have three fist Kydex holsters. All of them fit fine. Better than fine which is why I bought three. I have tried kydex by all the other major brands and the worst one of them all was from Blade-Tech. They sent me a magazine carrier that was waaaaayyy to loose and a holster that was too tight. The fist holsters(the K1 series)- Never had a problem. If the fit is that poor why dont you contact FIST and see if they will do right by you?

Old October 25, 2002, 04:41 PM   #7
eap

the first one i bought directly from them and i sent it back. the second one i bought from an individual. i had already experienced fists "customer service" and didn't want to send it back so i ditched it and chalked it up to experience.
Old October 26, 2002, 07:41 AM   #8
Gunnersalley

Interesting.

We carry the FIST line of holsters, and our customer response to this line has been excellent. In fact, I can only recall one complaint issue about weapon fit, which FIST quickly resolved with a replacement rig.

Brad
Gunnersalley
www.gunnersalley.com
[email protected]