The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 21, 2010, 12:41 PM   #51
LOUcifer

Yes sir...here is the complete run down

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsC...P%20CHANGE.pdf

I unfortunately can not use my P250 for duty use anyway since I own it in .45ACP and in the Gunshine State private security officers are restricted to 9mm semi-auto (bottom feeders lol) or .38 Revolvers...go fig

And since the Caliber X-change kits are no where to be seen and SIG has their heads up their arse's so who knows when we'll see them that I have not even bothered to look for a duty type holster.

I also do not know how if the round or flat rail would make a difference with Safariland holsters...I use a 6365 for my M&P right now and by far Safariland are the best duty holsters but that's another topic.

BUT if your willing to give the Safariland a try post up your findings...any good information on the P250 helps..especially since you ask SIG but they don't have a clue

PS. If you also own it in .45ACP than you already have the "new" style frame with the flat rail

and one last thing...the P250 is an incredible firearm...I don't think there is one thing I don't like about it.

Last edited by LOUcifer; April 21, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: cuz im a moron lol
Old April 21, 2010, 01:39 PM   #52
Bart Noir

Quote:
The 250 is probably the smoothest DOA iv ever shot
"Dead 0n Arrival"?!

I thought you liked the gun.

Bart Noir
Who never, ever has made a typo. Nope, not ocne.
Old April 21, 2010, 03:11 PM   #53
coasty

@ LOUcifer

I got the 9mm. i will mainly target shoot/conceal carry, My company does not allow 45cal either. I carry the 10mm just because the company ran out of issued rugers. im not crazy about them. they are not the top of the line. they dont hold up well with hollow points so all you can fire out of them is ball point. The other problem with Sig is that they make nothing left handed. All holsters and gear are rite handed. So i am that cursed guy that needs a left handed holster. If you are looking for a smaller caliber 250 take a look at SPORT SOUTH FIREARMS online. all our gunshops here wanted over $700 for the p250. SSF starts @ $555
Old April 21, 2010, 03:15 PM   #54
coasty

another place for concealed carry and duty holsters for P250

I found this site online. They supply all the gear for Israeli Special Forces. And have decent prices. www.zahal.org. They just designed a brand new holster for the Sig p250. But they dont make it in left hand yet. all their holsters can be ordered to fit a duty belt, regular belt, or paddle holster.
Old April 21, 2010, 09:40 PM   #55
Wrothgar

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH! Is this legal? Like, now? For me to buy? To use with a pistol?
Old April 21, 2010, 10:51 PM   #56
LOUcifer

Quote:
all our gunshops here wanted over $700 for the p250
OUCH!! ...I picked up mine for $499
Old April 22, 2010, 11:02 AM   #57
LafayetteLA

I purchased my at Buds for $426.00
Old April 23, 2010, 07:09 PM   #58
LOUcifer

Just bought a sub compact 9mm X-change kit from Top Gun Supply if anyone's interested

from the email TGS sent me and from the site itself they say the FULL size, COMPACT and SUB-Compact 9mm caliber x-change kits are in stock

great price too $330
Old April 24, 2010, 08:26 AM   #59
Wrothgar

Alright, no one answered my question: What do I need to do to make this legal?
Old April 24, 2010, 09:26 AM   #60
AK103K

A tax stamp for a short barreled rifle.
Old April 24, 2010, 12:54 PM   #61
comn-cents

Wrothgar "Alright, no one answered my question: What do I need to do to make this legal?"

That doesn't look like a Sig p250?
Old April 24, 2010, 01:06 PM   #62
Wrothgar

Yeah, its not a P250, its a 2022, but still, you guys know this stuff :-).

So, I would have to fill out a form, send it in, and then pay a fee or something?
Old April 24, 2010, 02:56 PM   #63
AK103K

Unless you have a "trust", you need to fill out the forms, have two passport photos taken, get finger printed, get you local chief of police or sheriff to sign off on it, and send all that to the ATF along with $200.
Old April 24, 2010, 06:36 PM   #64
Wrothgar

All I heard was "not worth it" :-). Thanks though!
Old April 28, 2010, 10:47 AM   #65
coasty

duty holster for Sig p250

My boss gave me am Uncle Mike's duty holster. its designed for a ruger but it actually fit my 250. the only thing that does not completely fit are the thumb straps. if it were my holster i would cut off the thumb straps because i really dont care for the things anyway, but its not.
Old April 28, 2010, 08:49 PM   #66
LOUcifer

Quote:
My boss gave me am Uncle Mike's duty holster. its designed for a ruger but it actually fit my 250.
Hey Coasty if your looking for a "Duty" holster Safariland makes a couple for the P250.

6280/6285 I know for sure but only for the Compact not full sized and for 9mm/.40/.357 NOT for the .45 though.

DeSantis makes a real nice 3-slot leather pancake holster also for the P250...I just ordered that one and can't wait to get it
Old April 29, 2010, 02:02 PM   #67
coasty

duty holster for Sig p250

yeah i have looked at the safariland 6285. i want it but the wife and kids have needs that come first. i found it for about $80. and it comes in left hand. i am using what i have for now because it is free. My other worry was if the rounded tac rail made a difference in the fit for the 6285. my p250 has the round tac rail. I have sent for info but cant get anyone to answer on the railing differences. I know one thing, the p250 is not the best IWB concealed.
Old April 29, 2010, 03:19 PM   #68
LOUcifer

Quote:
My other worry was if the rounded tac rail made a difference in the fit for the 6285
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that's right...duh
Old April 30, 2010, 12:46 PM   #69
coasty

concealed

Does anyone use the p250 for concealment use if so what is the best way to carry it. I am looking into a kangaroo holster. A friend of mine conceals a full size 1911 with one.
Old June 7, 2010, 08:15 PM   #70
Gunny5821

Hello,

Anyone looking for a good holster for their SigSauer P250 Subcompact? If so, stroll over to FOBUS. They have the following holster on sale:

SIG 250 SUBCOMPACT - EVOLUTION ROTO-HOLSTER PADDLE
On sale for $10.00! Yes, $10.00 (A savings of $25.99) and FREE shipping, plus NO tax (VA at least). I ordered mine Friday and it got shipped today. Should have it by the end of the week. The Evolution Line all fit the P250 Subcompact in all of the various configurations. This line is designed just for concealment carry. It sits very close to the body as you can see in the pictures. By the way, they don't have pictures for the P250 Subcompact gear. So just take a look at the Compact line and you'll see exactly what your getting. While I'm waiting, I am using a Blackhawk #08, it fits the P250 Subcompact perfectly!

So, there you go! Heck I would buy one even if I didn't need one for that price!

Gunny
Old June 7, 2010, 08:40 PM   #71
Gunny5821

Hello ALL,

Well I picked up a sweet Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact in the .40S&W this past weekend. While I was at the Gunshop shopping for a new conceal carry handgun, I was looking at the Sig Sauer P250 Compact. While I was talking to the salesman, I asked if he had any subcompacts in and he said they have been on back order for a month. So we continued talking and during our converstaion the UPS guy made his daily delivery. Shortly there after, a salesman walked up to the counter from the back and he looked at us and said, "Are you looking for a Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact? I replied, Yes and he placed the big BLUE Sig Sauer box on the counter and said, here you go devil dog, it must be your lucky day! Well it seems they got several full size and compacts in .9mm, and one, yes only one Subcompact and it was in the .40S&W, which was exactly what I wanted! So after checking it out and giving it the once over, I told him to ring it up. Got it for $543.00 (Military Discount). Talk about being in the right place at the right time! That is what I call Karma. I must have used up a good supply of my Karma reserves on this one.

Took it to the range and was throughly impressed, 100 rounds down range and not one hiccup or stutter. Wasn't sure how I was going to like the DAO, but after 2 magazines, I was a convert. What made the converstion easy was the fact that the trigger is the exact same on every shot. NO difference at all and smooth and crisp, a joy to behold. Had a lot of guys checking it out at the range, as the Subcompacts are pretty rare in my area. On another note, this is the First handgun I have ever owned that had a DOB of only 2 months prior to purchase. She was born on March 23, 2010! Heck normally, the handguns I buy are at best a year and a half old, but usually in the 2+ year marker.

All in all, I am one happy camper and it conceals, well it is unseen, but standing by!

Semper Fi,

Gunny

PS: The Subcompacts only have two size grips, small and medium. The default is small, which is what I have. It is a tad small and I will definately go for the medium. I called Cust Serv and they said the mediums are not yet ready for distribution as the Subcompacts are just too new. However, they only cost $47.00, which is a buy down the road. Also they do have the Subcompact Magazines in stock and the double pouch Magazine holster (Paddle holster) in stock, plenty of them so I was told. So I placed my order for one mag and one pouch. Just a tad excited, a good thing I do believe!
Old June 8, 2010, 01:57 AM   #72
Xfire68

I was looking at this gun really hard as the price at the local GS had them for $485 and $575 for the P250 9 mm and .22 kit!

I ended up getting a CZ 75B well because they are fantastic! LOL
Old March 20, 2013, 08:18 PM   #73
IrishProphet

Sig p250compact 45

Sig p250compact 45 (9)-- am trying to find an extra magazine. The EuroOptic website said i would have to wait 6 months because it is a special order item...ANYONE else having this problem???