The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 16, 2009, 12:07 AM   #26
stickhauler

C & R License?

It took just at a month for mine to process, even with them sending it back for a screw-up of mine, I forgot to list the CLEO name and address on the ATF part of the form. Fixed it and re-sent it, it arrived within a week. The nice lady I spoke to at Martinsburg, WV was the most enjoyable experience I've ever had with any government agency.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:14 AM   #27
DrLaw

When I renewed last year, I managed to forget something. I called Atlanta and got a real nice person who told me what was wrong and we got me straightened out before the license expired and my new one made it to me p.d.q. I'd have to say my experience with them was a good one. It all starts with being very polite though.

The Doc is out now.
Old May 17, 2009, 02:30 PM   #28
tbinder

Just got my renewal

Hello All,

Got got renewal in the mail today. It took about a month total. I had a buddy certify my citizenship (WRONG) and got a letter explaining that it needed to self certify. I did that and received my new C&R about two weeks later.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:38 PM   #29
Chuckusaret

I screwed up when I sent my request in, I used the old forms and sent it to the wrong address. Needless to say my request was returned. I have since resubmitted it to the right location.
Old June 28, 2009, 06:48 PM   #30
madsenshooter

Update

It's been 8 or 9 months now, first a letter requesting more info was sent to me, but at the wrong zipcode. I have to prove that a 1976 Disorderly Conduct was not a domestic violence! The court record showing the charge was not good enough, I had to write the PD involved, the old microfiche was unreadable when reproduced, but the clerk sent me a narrative, which I have sent to the Dept of Justice. Whatever happened to assumed innocent until proven guilty? They are assuming quilt until one proves their innocence. With luck this will be the end of it though!
Old June 28, 2009, 07:00 PM   #31
zxcvbob

I mailed mine on April 20. Check was cashed on the 28th. Still waiting.
Old July 2, 2009, 11:25 AM   #32
zxcvbob

Woo-Hoo!

It got here today. Just the license form (the important part), it says the "welcome packet" will come in another week or two.
Old July 6, 2009, 08:04 PM   #33
Rig4Dive

BATFE Clarification

I called the ATF's main 800 number this morning to clarify the correct address for new C&R applications.

It was explained to me that all applications are to be sent to the Atlanta PO Box, where funds are then cashed/deposited. (This is where the ATF has arrangements for the financial processing of the application.) The application is then forwarded to Martinsburg, WV for further administrative processing and ultimately, approval.

Seems unncessarily redundant, but that's what I received from the horses ummm, mouth....

Hope that helps someone.
Old July 6, 2009, 08:21 PM   #34
langenc

Anytime a check comes in they process the check immediately. The balance of the app may be all wrong but they will take your money.
Old July 7, 2009, 03:05 AM   #35
impalacustom

Just out of curiousity, are you guys not reading your applications? They state right on them the place to mail them too. I am starting to wonder how you got your application.