The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

View Poll Results: Are you guilty or innocent of having an incident of "Hi-Capacity Syndrome"?
Guilty 23 35.38%
Innocent 42 64.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 30, 2010, 03:22 AM   #51
HeroHog

I am a huge fan of well placed shots. In "real life" well placed shots are what I am striving for. Now, every now and then, that Sub 2k with those 32 round magazines, calls for the "mad minute" and much carnage and fun is had!

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Old April 30, 2010, 08:15 AM   #52
Catfishman

Jeffrey, here's a quote from the article.

Quote:
In a final case, the subject shot the victim officer in the chest with a handgun and fled. The officer, wearing a bullet-resistant vest, returned gunfire. The officer’s partner observed the incident and also fired at the offender. Subsequent investigation determined that the individual was hit 13 times and, yet, ran several blocks to a gang member’s house. He later said, “I was so scared by all those shots; it sounded like the Fourth of July.” Again, according to the subject, his wounds “only started to hurt when I woke up in the hospital.” The officers had used 9-millimeter, department-issued ammunition. The surviving officers re ported that they felt vulnerable.
This is amazing, almost unbelievable. How could 13 shots not hit anything to immobilize him. I would love to hear all of the details.
Old April 30, 2010, 08:34 AM   #53
RT

It all depends on the shooters mindset. Whether they wanna take careful aimed shots or just blast.
Old April 30, 2010, 10:32 AM   #54
rickyrick

Ichiro,

I agree shot guns are wicked fun.

a good careful group with a 9mm is fun too.
Old April 30, 2010, 11:13 AM   #55
Skans

You can never have too many rounds. If they made a 100 round 9mm handgun that I could figure out how to carry concealed, that'd be just fine with me.
Old April 30, 2010, 12:08 PM   #56
oldone

Soda can at 15yds and miss? Now that's a sin. ya better have a HiCap because you need practice fer sure All my pistols are HiCap But I don't take advantage of full mag cap. I only use 10 rnds in the mags...why? Just habit.
Old April 30, 2010, 02:28 PM   #57
rickyrick

Urgent Update

Upon checking my traps, I had a raccoon that I needed to send to coon heaven. I didn't have a rifle with me today, so I decided to use my 9mm loaded with Magtec sd ammo. shot once, twice thrice, all hits mind you, ended up with an angry raccoon.

Thinking about this and other threads recently, I said to myself 'hold on a minute'...took out the other magazine loaded with Ranger FMJ....what do ya know, dead raccoon, one shot with the fmj?

I believe the Magtec is all copper hp 92gr so I think I am going to switch to a jacketed lead hollow point for sd....or maybe the coon was just to small for the ammo to preform as designed...I dunno
Old April 30, 2010, 03:32 PM   #58
markj

I kill coons 1 shot with my 22 short...... and at that distance.... in a cage....
Old April 30, 2010, 04:04 PM   #59
rickyrick

yeah, usually either .223 or .22lr depending on whichever rifle I have at the time. one shot does it most days with a follow up sometimes to be nice....I am just a little puzzled how the 9mm hp's had no real effect on it..... then one with the +p fmj had a lot of effect on it, however, I examined the cage and I did hit a wire, but I don't know with which shot.

Tags
glock , hi-cap mags , pistol , practice , semi auto