The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 1, 2005, 09:23 PM   #1
accordingtome

Police Vid.. warning this is shocking

I thought i would share this with you guys as its gun related i hope this does not get locked. This is why you should always search your suspect before you take them in.

WARNING.. not for faint of heart

click this to get to the forum with the thread.. then click the link...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=253550
Old April 1, 2005, 10:42 PM   #2
chris in va

If it's the guy that pulled a 1911 in the interrogation room, we saw it already.
Old April 1, 2005, 10:43 PM   #3
accordingtome

damn sorry for the repost... i didn't know as there are such a limited topics to post under on this site i had no idea..

look for that thread

iranian police wemon.. looking HOT
Old April 1, 2005, 11:20 PM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Well, I had not seen it and when I did a search using a variety of terms, I could not find it on this forum. I don't like reposts either, but if it was posted here already, I missed it and can't find it.

The family was in the room and I ran the vid w/o sound, the screened turned where the family could not see the video.

The casualness of the guy who commits suicide is interesting. Also interesting was the slowness of the gun dropping from his hand. I would have expected the drop to go faster based on other videos I have seen of brain shots where the whole person collapses instantly. The gun arm even seems to contract, flexing the bicep and raising the forearm slightly.

So, is this a fake suicide or real? If it was a police interrogation monitor video, I was surprised to not see the typical documentary date and time stamp. The guy fumbles with his hand and mouth, then drinks water, then a little more, then shoots himself. I was wondering if he could have put some sort of die pack in his mouth and used the water to create the volume of flow shown that exited his mouth. I was sort of surprised to see that much blood exiting the mouth after a temple shot, but not see flow from the nose. I realize it can happen, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Of course, that does not explain the blood that appears to exit the side of the head.
Old April 1, 2005, 11:36 PM   #5
USP45usp

I hadn't seen that vid before. Not going against ya Chris, just never saw it.

The cop that comes in afterward was abit too "cool" with the situation. Just picks up some things off the counter and walks out. I don't have sound yet (buying speakers tomorrow) but I don't know. And, where the gun was, and even though I take all the chances that I can to bash them (cops) when I think they did wrong, they wouldn't have missed a full sized 1911 (or was it?) firearm in that area. They really search that area because it's a favorite hiding place.

But, as was said, at least the idiot only took himself out and not the other person. Darwin wins again?

Wayne
Old April 2, 2005, 03:38 AM   #6
NSO_w/_SIG

I posted it back in Dec. or Jan.............. Title was Searcing a suspect..... the one that got away!
Old April 2, 2005, 08:39 AM   #7
Double Naught Spy

That was a bugger to find. You didn't provide a link and you incorrectly spelled and puncutated the title such that the title search would not find it. So it was posted in December, but few people saw it apparently.

Here is a link from that other thread that includes the text of what supposedly happened.
http://www.ogrish.com/archives/man_c...c_20_2004.html

Judging by Ayoob's documentation of cause and effect with unmarked squad cars, this guy must have been brought to the station in an unmarked car. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...light=ayoobian

After having read the text, you have to wonder why they would even leave the guy unsecured and alone in the interview room if he had just shot a deputy during a traffic stop.

As for the Darwinian concept, did Darwin win? I doubt it. My guess is that the guy probably did have kids and as such, he has passed on his genes. That means that while he did take himself out of the population, his genes remained. As such, there is nothing Darwinian here.
Old April 2, 2005, 08:42 AM   #8
brett23

It is a real vid, the police departments around here use it as one of there training vids.
Old April 2, 2005, 10:27 AM   #9
USP45usp

Thanks DNS,

I guess that I missed it when first posted. Depending on the traffic on any given day here, I've seen posts disappear rather quickly and get lost in the void.

As for the Darwin award, it was nice to at least think that his genes weren't spread but you're most likely correct on that one also.

Wayne
Old April 2, 2005, 03:23 PM   #10
NSO_w/_SIG

Dns

The orginal thread title is not spelled incorrectly and to tell you the truth I didn't look it back up to see what the title was I was just going by what I thought I titled it. Anyway I was just pointing out that it was posted before. I don't care that it was reposted. Sorry you missed it but I don't title threads with the consideration of how easy it will be to find using the search feature.
Old April 2, 2005, 06:36 PM   #11
MrBill

Didn't see the video. But the comments regarding the Darwin award are a bit misplaced, I believe. The award would go to the officers involved. Damn lucky the guy was cool enough to just take himself. Surviving a stupid situation you created, by the sheer politeness of another, does not make you "street savy" or "professional", just damn lucky for a dumbass.
Old April 5, 2005, 12:12 PM   #12
monco

Very disturbing and sad. Snopes.com has a good writeup of this incident:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/interrogate.asp
Old April 5, 2005, 12:30 PM   #13
haskell

Sad? Shot a cop on a traffic stop. Don't care if the scrot shot himself,but how many cops could he have taken with him? Pat them down sound like a good idea? Oh!, I guess you can hide a large frame handgun.
Old April 5, 2005, 12:35 PM   #14
monco

Yeah, I think it's sad when someone takes their own life. Call me crazy...
Old April 5, 2005, 12:40 PM   #15
haskell

OK, your crazy
Old April 5, 2005, 01:05 PM   #16
spacemanspiff

well he did save the taxpayers a lot of money. what with incarceration, prosecution, etc.

he did himself and everyone else a favor. if only more violent criminals would do the same.
Old April 5, 2005, 01:24 PM   #17
univtxattorney

The only sad thing about the video is...

the incompetence of the officers involved in the incident. I don't know about you, but if I were a LEO who was arresting a guy for shooting a fellow LEO, I might check the guy for guns.
Old April 5, 2005, 01:53 PM   #18
monco

Sounds like he made a desperate mistake and then despaired and took his own life. Wonder if you'd be so nonchalant if it was someone you were close to.

The machismo is so thick in here sometimes it stinks.
Old April 5, 2005, 04:30 PM   #19
haskell

Cop shooter

Well, I'm all broke up over that poor desparate cop shooter. How about feeling sad for the cop with two in the gut? His family? Nobody I know would shoot a cop,and you are right , :barf: it sure does stink in here. END.
Old April 5, 2005, 04:49 PM   #20
spacemanspiff

yes i am nonchalant. i have had family members commit suicide. over trivial reasons, nonetheless.

everyone makes mistakes every day. not everyone commits criminal acts every day.
good people die. bad people die.
loved ones die of natural causes. loved ones die prematurely from unnatural causes.

has nothing to do with machismo. simply a realistic outlook on life and the way some people deal with their problems.

weep and mourn for the innocent.
breath a sigh of relief when bad guys cease to exist.
Old April 5, 2005, 05:14 PM   #21
monco

Of course I feel for the cop and his family too, and I want to see bad guys brought to justice, I just hate seeing a guy give up on life so fast. I hope I never get so callous that I can look at something like that and feel nothing.
Old April 5, 2005, 05:44 PM   #22
snacktrack

No matter how guilty the guy is, its a shame who has to clean up that mess. Dont they have special cleanup companies that remove the mess from dead bodies?

I do have to say, why wouldnt you frisk someone who was being questioned for shooting a cop? I could see if you didnt frisk him and he was a witness in a case and you brought him in for questioning but, thats ridiculous.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein
My band's website: daughter darling
Old April 5, 2005, 08:39 PM   #23
univtxattorney

Quote:
I want to see bad guys brought to justice
This bad guy was brought to justice, IMHO.
Old April 5, 2005, 08:57 PM   #24
3 weelin geezer

What if he was innocent this time even if he was a felon? If he could see the law catch the real killer from the hereafter wouldn't it be disappointing? Whats so shocking about this anyways? We all have to die sometime. Some like to get to the grave in their sleep all peaceful like and boring then there are those who prefer to skid in sideways with a beer in one hand and pizza in the other, body all used up and tattered yelling WOOOO HOOO!!! WHAT A RIDE!!

Last edited by 3 weelin geezer; April 5, 2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old April 5, 2005, 09:14 PM   #25
Fred Hansen

Quote:
Of course I feel for the cop and his family too,
How noble. I find it absolutely amazing that people can get so teary eyed over a murderer and only think of the innocent victim as a tossed away afterthought. Truly amazing.
Quote:
and I want to see bad guys brought to justice,
Did you not see the video?
Quote:
I just hate seeing a guy give up on life so fast.
He gave up (forfeited) his life when he took the life of another without just cause. Too bad, so sad.

What exactly was he supposed to do with the rest of his life? Eat the food provided to him by the taxes of surviving members of the victim's family? Or maybe pump some iron so he could be in good enough shape to murder whatever poor boob who has the thankless job of guarding his sorry carcass? What exactly should we all have been looking forward to from this wonderful human being?

A mistake is keeping a rented video an extra night too long. A desperate mistake is skidding your car into a tree because you were driving too fast.

Shooting someone for no reason is murder, not a damned mistake.
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore