The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 5, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1
tchunter

Smoke time!

The black powder opener for southern Michigan is this Friday. Can't wait to see smoke through my scope! And not listen to people blast away with shotguns. Shot a nice 8 point on the shotgun opener with my trusty TC Omega. Hopefully this opener will work out the same. Good luck to everybody who shares the black powder addiction!
Old December 5, 2012, 05:14 PM   #2
cdmckane

Good luck. Our smoke pole season opens Monday here in NY. Hopefully I can fill my reg season tag by Sunday so I can go after some does next week

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old December 6, 2012, 04:16 PM   #3

Good luck from a fellow Southern Michigander. I will be out there with my TC Encore. I wish we had snow though.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.

Last edited by .284; December 6, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old December 9, 2012, 10:54 AM   #4
BirchOrr

The best of luck to all members/hunters during the BP season. Burn powder and send lead downrange! Be safe everyone and go get 'em!

(I expect to see pictures!)
Old December 10, 2012, 12:03 PM   #5

Hey tchunter......

Did you hear the shotguns?......I did. I can't believe guys have the balls to blast off shotguns but until they get caught I guess cheating is no big deal to them. I was hunting in Shiawasse county Friday afternoon and had a guy walk by me about 50 yards away.....no orange and carrying a shotgun with a bird barrel. It wasn't my property so I didn't call him out.

How about you did you do any good? I smoked a doe yesterday afternoon up in Bad Axe.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old December 10, 2012, 03:40 PM   #6
cdmckane

Didn't get out on opening day of ML season here in NY because it's pouring. I've heard some shots but not the volleys I heard on opening day of shotgun season

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old December 11, 2012, 12:17 PM   #7
tchunter

I took a nice 8 point and a doe during shotgun season, I was using my TC Omega though. Nothing yet during bp. I have a 10 year old nephew that I've been hunting with. Trying to get his first deer. Some snow would be great. The weather has been pretty tough the last few days. I have heard some suspicious shooting over the weekend. I've even talked to a CO but they haven't had any luck finding the culprits. It's too bad, bp season is normally peaceful around here. I know a lot of guys not seeing deer due to the EHD outbreak. I hope that's not making people desperate. We lost a lot of deer two years ago but the hunting has been great this year. If my nephew can calm down the shakes a little when a deer steps out I will post some pics!
Old December 11, 2012, 12:40 PM   #8

tchunter

Where about are you hunting in S. Michigan? I have spots in Lapeer, Shiawassee, and Genesee counties.

Old December 13, 2012, 01:15 PM   #9
tchunter

I'm over in the south west corner. Mainly Van Buren but I have spots in Allegan and Cass as well. I've heard a lot about the hunting over on the east side the last several years, sound like good ground.