The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 24, 2014, 05:27 PM   #1
marine6680

Slip 2000 EWL/Gun Lube info

I have not seen much new info out there for these products, it is mostly from several years ago.

Most new info about gun lubes is of newer products. So I decided to make a little video about the Slip 2k stuff.

Maybe it will help out someone (maybe a new gun owner) who is looking around for info about what to use on their new firearm.

Video here.

Summary:

Slip 2000 EWL and Gun Lube have been around several years now, the oldest reference I found with a quick search was from 2005. They don't get the spotlight due to newer lube options released in the past few years like Frog Lube.

They are CLP type lubes. Gun Lube was designed for standard firearms. EWL was designed for use in belt fed weapons. As belt fed weapons have harsh internal working environments, so they increased the lubrication properties.

Both are non-toxic products.

I find that EWL does not clean as well as the Gun Lube, as they had to sacrifice some cleaning ability for added wear protection.

EWL costs $35-40 for a 16oz bottle, Gun Lube is $20-25 for the same amount.

Gun Lube would serve most well and costs less. I use EWL for lubrication due to extended round counts and time frame between cleanings for my rifles. I use Gun Lube for general cleaning due to its lower cost and better cleaning, as you use more during cleaning than you do living the critical areas.

I find that Slip 2k does not drain away, dry out, or get gummy like some other brands of lube, like Breakfree CLP.

I find it provides excellent wear protection and works as a great lube.

There is no special application or use instructions like Frog Lube and some other brands, I like this aspect a lot.

Overall I find it to be a fine CLP, and the cost is reasonable compared to some other brands available.

Last edited by marine6680; November 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM.