The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 4, 2009, 12:33 PM   #1
gilfo

Adjusting sights on a Charter Arms Pathfinder 22Lr.

I had my Charter Arms Pathfinder circa 1970's at the range today. Problem is it is shooting high and to the left. Now I am not the best shot in town but even in single action mode it shoots to the left and high. Question is how to adjust the rear sight. I am sorry for my ignorance but it has a screw to adjust but I don't know how shift the sight sideways and make it stay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I don't seem like a complete idiot for the question.
Thanks
Old August 4, 2009, 12:56 PM   #2
gb6491

The rear sight blade is held in place by two opposing screws. Referenced looking from the rear of the gun: loosen the screw on the right side of the sight (turn counter-clockwise), then tighten the opposing screw on the left side of the sight. This will cause the sight to move to the right; repeat as needed to correct, then tighten both screws snug.
Regards,
Greg