The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 20, 2010, 09:27 AM   #26
Ricklin

Good gun

Oneounce:
I have yet to hear of anyone that is unhappy with the Charles Daly Diamond series. I've got several thousand thru mine now, it's a good buy. I agree that most in this price range are junk, or near junk. This gun is an exception, there are other exceptions as well. I put a Morgan pad on it, and added a little moleskin to the comb. I shoot in the 20's every Sunday with it, I broke my first 25 with it. Patterns REALLY well. I expect it to last a long time, I may upgrade as my trap addiction grows. I'll cut this gun down and fit it for my wife. I expect it to last for a very long time.
Old August 20, 2010, 09:39 AM   #27
oneounceload

I'm not saying ALL Turkish guns are junk - some are, some are hit and miss, some are pretty decent and good buys. IMO, the Daly's fall into the middle category of hit and miss. Sounds like you got a good one - good for you!. I know of a few others who haven't been as lucky, nothing major, but annoying nonetheless.

Hope it keeps working well for you
Old August 20, 2010, 10:25 AM   #28
rtpzwms

Quote:
From BigJimP
So it isn't just about buying a brand name / its about fit
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN. I don't care which one you buy if it fits you well you'll do much better with it and enjoy it a lot more. I have a few shotguns and they are a mixed lot, Browning, Benellli, Remington. Different price ranges but they fit me. If you can find one that fits at your price point buy it.
Old August 20, 2010, 11:42 AM   #29
zippy13

Charles Daly

Ricklin,
Charles Daly was a firearms importer, not a manufacturer, and CD guns have come from all over the world. With the company's recent closing, the last of the guns are available at bargain basement prices; but, the buyer must be aware of their orphan status when it comes to service and parts.