The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 11, 2011, 02:24 PM   #26
twins

Shovel99,

If you value your wallet and time with family/friends, please delete this thread and don't think about reloading again. There is no such thing as bare minimum cost....it's a myth in the reloading world.

There are so many types of bullets, powders, primers, gadgets that goes way beyond the mythical "minimum cost".

At one time I was going to reload for only one caliber (30-06) and save money.....now I need a government bailout and family intervention to get me out of this reloading madness.

Good luck in your reloading endeavor (and start looking for that second job soon).
Old March 11, 2011, 05:48 PM   #27
serf 'rett

Welcome to the Company of Reloading Junkies!
Old March 11, 2011, 05:52 PM   #28
shovel99
Retired Screen Name

Jeez... I already have this bug! ;-)

I just finished ordering the new rifle calibers.. and before the stuff arrived... am thinking to myself "you know, now that I can load economically, I really need to have a 45 long colt". I bought a Vaquero in 45 LC without doing ammo homework and when I realized that the ammo cost more than $.50 per round (when 9mm and 38 were around $.20 per round)... I traded it in for the .357 version.

But wait.... I have so many I don't have time to shoot already... I would be nuts to do that.

But fun.......

Thanks again,
shovel99

Tags
reload cost savings