The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 25, 2008, 11:55 AM   #176
sass4536

Problem with National Bullet Company

I ordered a case of .38 Spl. and .45 Colt on December 24 and as of this date have heard nothing other than 1 email that said they were backed up. Unfortunately, payment was sent by check and promptly was cleared...per my bank.

Have ordered from them in the past with no problem other than late shipment. What has happened to them? Is there any chance of getting the money back to buy from a reputable supplier?

Thank you for any replies and Ideas.
Old April 25, 2008, 11:58 AM   #177
kestak

Greetings,

No chance to get back your money.
I would suggest you make an official complaint to the State Attorney AND call his local Sherriff to complain too. The most people bother his local Sherriff, the sooner he will get shot....oups....shut down.

Thank you
Old April 29, 2008, 04:00 PM   #178
CowTowner

NBC linked on Sierra's Web Site?

Sad but true.
I noticed this when doing a Google search to see how many other forums were posting all the stories about National Bullet Company.
So, I sent a note to them asking them to do some research on their own and decide if they still want this other company listed on their site as a bullet manufacturer. Here is the response I got today:

Thanks for the note,

I will push this upstairs and let them check into it.

Thank you,

XXXX XXXXX
Sierra Bullets

My personal hopes are that they do the research and remove the link from their links page located at: http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm?section=links
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old April 30, 2008, 09:41 PM   #179
treg

Oops.

Last edited by treg; April 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Post wasn't new info per mods request. Sad story deleted.
Old May 19, 2008, 11:42 AM   #180
zxcvbob

Has anyone (especially if you paid with a postal money order) contacted the Postal Inspector's office?

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it hadn't occurred to anybody.
Old May 19, 2008, 02:08 PM   #181
gandog56

Shoot, I got so many in my last order from them years ago, I still have two full boxes.
Old May 19, 2008, 04:36 PM   #182
Sevens

Quote:
Post wasn't new info per mods request. Sad story deleted.
Treg, I think he meant that it doesn't make sense to post comments regarding earlier posts in the same thread.

If you got screwed, and your story has not yet been told, this thread is EXACTLY the place to share the sad story. More evidence that folks are getting shafted.

Please do share it.
Old May 21, 2008, 06:33 PM   #183
CowTowner

Quote:
My personal hopes are that they do the research and remove the link from their links page located at: http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm?section=links
Well, Sierra was handed the bat and sent to the plate.
And they knocked it out of the park!
As of today at least, the link on their site to National Bullet Company is gone.

**My thanks to their representative which sent my email to the powers that be and handled the issue. Way to go Sierra Bullets!**
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old May 23, 2008, 09:43 AM   #184
MartyV

MartyV

On occasion I have had suppliers not supply products for which I had paid for by VISA. I filed a fraud complaint with the local law enforcement people. Then I forwarded a copy of the complaint to VISA. VISA then recovered my funds. One of the advantages of using CC for purchases.
Old May 30, 2008, 09:45 PM   #185
deadeyejeff

just checked the web page for national bullet as of today they are not taking any new orders and it looks like they are shut down thanks to all who filed complaints it worked

jeff
Old May 31, 2008, 12:26 AM   #186
Schiltkraut

Don't Celebrate Too Soon

While it looks like National Bullet is finally going away, we can't say the same for Ken Bayko, the guy behind it. His newest scam website, nbcmfg.com, is up and running.

I don't care how long he was in business before going to the dark side, the fact remains that he'll be remembered as a thief and a liar by all the folks he ripped off through National Bullet.
Old June 1, 2008, 03:03 AM   #187
lll Otto lll

Kenneth Bayko and his accomplice were recently sued by Chase Bank (5/20/08)
Chase Bank won a judgment in the amount of $63,153.74 against K. Bayko, NBC Inc. and Nicholas Sasso.

Chase Bank also filed 3 motions:
1. Order to allow sheriff to forcibly enter property of (National Bullet Co.)
2. Order to employ locksmith and for placement of padlock.
3. Order to inventory, appraise, advertise, seize and sell.

It appears that all three orders were executed.
The Judge in this case is EUGENE A. LUCCI. Case # 08CV001657
Old June 8, 2008, 10:50 AM   #188
16gr296

A visit to NBC

Three weeks ago I visited NBC seeking delivery on the remainder of an order placed in August 2007. I had done this before and we negotiated alternative bullets to fill my order. This time was different - the shelves were bare. Ken was unable to supply 9mm, .38, .44 or .45.

The casting machine did not appear to be hot. There was a bucket of used range brass inside the door. Ken discussed the escalating price of lead and the difficulty in getting plating done. Both valid observations.

We negotiated a refund and Ken stated he would mail a check on Tuesday (the day after Memorial Day) after consultation with his partner. The check did not arrive.

I emailed Ken after receipt of a Firing Line update indicating that NBC was not accepting anymore orders. He responded that he would ship the remainder of my order this coming week. I'll advise when and if it is received.

Incidentally, immediately adjacent to the NBC door is a door for NBC Sporting Goods, possibly the "NBC Manufacturing" as the address is similar and this is a strip of industrial/commercial buildings.
Old June 8, 2008, 04:11 PM   #189
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Interesting news.

Not particularly surprising, I fear.

Thanks for the first hand upldate, 16gr296.

Johnny
Old June 11, 2008, 04:17 PM   #190
lll Otto lll

A second lawsuit has been filed against National Bullet Co. (6/4/08).

State of Ohio v. National Bullet Co. Inc.
Case is for alleged violations of the Consumer Sales Practices Act which likely involves fraud and deceptive practices.

The Judge in this case is RICHARD L. COLLINS JR, Case # 08CV001807
Old June 12, 2008, 03:32 PM   #191
palmdale

PayPal claims that it will look into Nat. bullet account

I have been waiting for National Bullet for over 6 months to deliver my order of 10,000 bullets. Paid the order with paypal. PayPal claims that if ENOUGH clients were to file claims agains Nat Bullet, it may do something.
National Bullet is a rip off.
Old June 12, 2008, 07:54 PM   #192
lll Otto lll

After Repeated Warnings from the AG, Bayko continued to rip people off.

Here are some more details on the second lawsuit (Case # 08CV001807) filed against Ken Bayko and NBC. This also includes a press release from the Ohio Attorney General.
The AG is seeking penalties in the amount of $25,000 for each violation of the Ohio Consumer Sales Practice Act.

For those still hoping for a refund, I'm afraid your chances are slim to none.

www.ag.state.oh.us/press/08/06/pr080604.pdf
Old June 13, 2008, 07:29 AM   #193
CowTowner

Quote:
I have been waiting for National Bullet for over 6 months to deliver my order of 10,000 bullets. Paid the order with paypal. PayPal claims that if ENOUGH clients were to file claims agains Nat Bullet, it may do something.
I'd say send PayPal the link to the PDF file lll Otto lll posted. If that isn't enough info, then I don't know what is.
Old June 13, 2008, 01:11 PM   #194
lll Otto lll

Forget PayPal, they have no incentive to help you. I also have reason to believe that they have already closed Bayko's acct.

My suggestion would be to contact the Ohio Attorney General. This isn't going to get your money refunded but it will strengthen their case against Ken Bayko.
You can file a complaint at www.ag4ohio.gov or by calling 1-877-244-6446
Old July 1, 2008, 10:49 AM   #195
16gr296

Follow Up

To no ones surprise the bullet delivery promised by Ken earlier in June never arrived. Having paid by credit card, I contacted Chase and they have credited my account for a prorated amount covering the bullets which were not delivered. Even though the NBC bullets were pricier than my local caster, I will miss the selection offered by NBC.
Old July 6, 2008, 12:15 PM   #196
Battlerange

Sorry to hear all this happened to NBC, and that people got cheated. More than 20 years ago I was ordering top quailty copperized bullets from them without a problem. A shame.