The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old October 17, 2010, 03:38 AM   #1
Telgriff

Aimpoint on a Tikka

Been kicking around the idea of turning my Tikka T3 into a 'scout' type rifle (though not a scout rifle as I cant sit the sight forward of the action) Instead of putting a scope on it, I could put a red dot or aimpoint on it making it more of a utility type rifle for short range stuff (brush hunting, field targets etc) (100-200 meters).

Seeing as semi-autos and AR type rifles are all totally banned , I've been considering making the Tikka fill that utility role instead. I'm interested in peoples thoughts on this, at the moment I think something like the Aimpoint 9000SC would be a good one to put on there. If you have other suggestions or ideas to get some use out of the Tikka in this sort of role, including cheaper or other sights that do the job just as well (its not like I expect it to go through a war zone), it would be appreciated.

Tags
aimpoint , scout , tikka