The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 28, 2005, 02:08 PM   #1
spacemanspiff

maybe i'm NOT so tactical it hurts? maybe it just hurts to be me?

auuugghhh! here i am sitting at my desk and my gun is in a drawer. man, what would i do if the mailman lost his marbles and came in shooting? not enough space to do a tac-roll to the drawer. and i'm not tactical enough to carry a BUG. i might be able to distract the shooter with my surefire, and i've been working on my reflexes so i might be able to dodge the first two shots (i watch the Matrix at least once a week).

what do you all suggest i do?
Old September 28, 2005, 02:29 PM   #2
Glenn E. Meyer

Call your combat lawyer - they are invincibly armoured and one shot killers!!

Ok, I'll play before we get locked down for being bad!
Old September 28, 2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Wildalaska

Look at me...I work in a gun shop...a high threat environment...and all I carry is....

a 32!!!! Yikes!

And tactical rolls? All I got is around the waist rolls...I got more rolls than an Italian bakery!

Im Wildalaska and I am a tactical poseur!

WildsobsobnsobAlaska
Old September 28, 2005, 02:34 PM   #4

Maybe you could hide behind your sturdy brand safe. I hear they are made with 3 feet of solid steel and can withstand a direct nuclear attack!!

Ronald Reagan
Old September 28, 2005, 02:38 PM   #5
spacemanspiff

Quote:
Im Wildalaska and I am a tactical poseur
better behave yourself in my thread, now!
Quote:
Maybe you could hide behind your sturdy brand safe
i have two media safes, about 75 lbs each, maybe i'll duct tape them to my torso, one in front one in back. and i forgot to mention i carry two cans of compressed air in low-slung hip holsters, i can give the mailman a blast of icy cold air and slow his movements down.
Old September 28, 2005, 02:38 PM   #6
leadcounsel

sad AND pathetic... a great combination...
Old September 28, 2005, 02:38 PM   #7
Dave R

Dude, didn't you ever watch "Tool Time?" Or the Red Green show?

Get yourself a cheap Kydex holster for your pistol. Use JB Weld (tactical adhesive) to glue it to the side of your desk. Or use duct tape (the Handyman's secret weapon.) When you get to work, take you pistol from your tactical IWB holster and holster it on your desk. Instant access.

If WildAlaska or the powers that be won't let you glue a holster to your desk, just get a double-wide hanging folder. Label it "SHTF", and "file" your handgun in it in your file drawer.

Next problem?
Old September 28, 2005, 02:49 PM   #8
sreising

Heehee...ya'll make an easy fix relatively hard...

It's called industrial velcro.

JB Weld and duct tale is a good idea, but once the holster is attached, it's attached.

Depending on what kind of desk you have. the underside where your knees and feet go are the perfect place. More than likely, in that situation, you are going to duck anywho....most people go for the most available place within sight range...i.e. under their desks.

But you, my dear apple, have the worm. Right a knees felt and hands grasp, is your trusty side arm,. removable by night, holster and all, and attached by day. Even reachable without causing attention to yourself.

Shan
Old September 28, 2005, 02:56 PM   #9
Glenn E. Meyer

not enough space to do a tac-roll to the drawer

However, it would be sad and pathetic to do a tootsie roll in your drawers.

I actually read about strong men doing the tactical tootsie in emergencies. In fact, emergency cleaning stations are set up (and not mentioned that much), to deal with the tactical tootsie after some disaster or giant shoot'em up.
Old September 28, 2005, 03:12 PM   #10
Low Key

I get the feeling that spacemanspiff is bored today.

Personally I would used the dreaded paperclip slingshot to neutralize the attacker. One shot to the eye drops em on the ground every time! Then you have time to open the drawer and throw down...or is that throw up? Depends on the situation I guess... :barf:
Old September 28, 2005, 03:42 PM   #11
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

I hear tactical rolls go well with logistical coffee. Anyway, you could use the electric stapler on your desk, as long as it's registered with the ATF as full auto .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old September 28, 2005, 04:05 PM   #12
Runsalone

Witchhunt eh? Melikes!

Well if it is the mailmain (Gov), he'll probably have a .40, which is THE ULTIMATE TACTICAL PROJECTILE!!! So your pretty much screwed.

Quite frankly I think the Postal service has been involved in dark op collaborations for some time now. Make sure you are wearing your level 30 steel trauma plate vest, even if you do the duct tape safe thing, no such thing as too retar.....uh.....careful....yeah thats it.

Sorry couldnt help myself.
Old September 28, 2005, 04:48 PM   #13
leadcounsel

Sigh... and this is the caliber of people with whom I chose to argue....

I haven't been driven out by intellectuals proving me wrong, but instead by adults talking about pooping their pants.... how disheartening...

Well, if my vote even counts here, I'll take the slingshot firing the $10,000 rolex from the rolex board. STill laugh when I think about that....
Old September 28, 2005, 04:53 PM   #14
almark

A stapler... Everyone knows that your standard desktop staplers are way too small a caliber. Those things only have like a 10% OSS percentage, for heavens sake! What you need is a super-industrial pneumatic framing nailer!! I used to carry four on my person at all times... until I sat down one day. Now I carry three and the fourth just kinda hangs there...
Old September 28, 2005, 05:46 PM   #15
sendec

I'd hide behind a copy of Black's
Old September 28, 2005, 06:04 PM   #16
Derius_T

What you need is the new Standard Hydraulic Insulating Tactical Suit.

It looks like your ordinary desk. With the quick press of a button, the desk quickly transforms into a full body tactical exoskeleton, capable of sustaining multiple direct hits from a tow missile. The forearm mounted, laser guided gatling guns, and the shoulder mounted rocket pods, quickly eliminate any threat. In addition, the suit is completely self sustaining, keeping its wearer nourished and protected for up to 30 days, be it underwater, or in the vacuum of space. The control interface is unique, turning the slightest THOUGHT of the wearer into instant action. (The exact details of the control systems are classified citizen)

S.H.I.T.S. - Don't be caught with your pants down in a tactical situation. Order yours today! Only 600 easy payments of $9,999,999,000.99
Old September 28, 2005, 06:07 PM   #17

er keep the door locked and hide in the washroom!!!

or go home early, so that when the crazies arrive and grease all the coworkers your happily out drinking beers with the buddies..man you gotta learn to plan around these mini calamities..
Old September 28, 2005, 06:20 PM   #18
mathman

Judging by how spiff and wildalaska are spending their time on the forums, it must be getting cold in Alaska
Old September 28, 2005, 06:24 PM   #19
Wildalaska

Quote:
Judging by how spiff and wildalaska are spending their time on the forums, it must be getting cold in Alaska
My job is net net net all day...so I might a well keep a window with the forum open...might learn something

By the way heres a new trick...bury a gun special in a silly thread...so if anyone wants a Colt Government Stainless NRM 45 for $599 delivered email or call me before 6 pm alaska time, one only

WildhavingfunyetAlaska
Old September 28, 2005, 06:26 PM   #20

I dont suppose you could get me and ship a cheap HK 40mm grenade laucher? Need something for Halloween
Old September 28, 2005, 06:32 PM   #21
DT Guy

Just for the record-there's ALWAYS room for a tactical roll (TM).

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old September 28, 2005, 06:42 PM   #22
357shooter

I dont' trust the mailman myself,he is a sneaky fellow.That's why I pick my mail up at the post office.I would go with a coach gun duct taped under the desk ,that should take care of any unwanted junk mail.
Old September 28, 2005, 07:00 PM   #23
tripytrucker

oh lord

whole bunch people been sniffing the bore cleaner again!!!!!
Old September 28, 2005, 07:41 PM   #24
rgoudy1975

Geesh, don't you tactical gurus know anything? It's all about shot placement. This is the ultimate one-shot-stopper: