The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 20, 2002, 10:37 AM   #1
faiello5

G-Code Kydex Holster/Mag Pouch Review

Hi all. I recently picked-up a G-Code kydex paddle holster from another GT member and I must say, I am am favorably impressed.

The holster is for the G17/22, but I am using it with my G34. I am able to do this because of the open bottom. It is a paddle design that is very secure when worn. I had no problems of shifting or the holster rising out of my pants on the draw. As with most kydex holsters, the draw is very fast.

The holster is put together with rivet style fasteners, so there is no potential for melted seams/folds to break or come apart. The rivets do not come near the gun, so there is no possibility of them scratching the gun (unlike what has been reported with some of the Fobus holsters). The holster also has a screw tensioning system that works very well. It has a sweatshield that keeps the gun off of your body and it also prevents you from re-holstering your shirt with your gun. Lastly, the fit and finish on the holster are outstanding. All of the edges are rounded smooth and the pieces of the holster and paddle mate perfectly.

As it comes, the holster is perfect for concealment because it rides fairly high. My plan was to use the holster for IDPA, and I prefer a holster that rides lower than the G-Code paddle. I went to the website and noticed that they sell an adapter to the paddle that will make it ride lower. I called G-Code and spoke with Scott. He was very helpful and I had the adapter in my hands 3 days later! It installed fairly easily and lowered the holster to a perfect height for me.

I now also have a G-Code single mag pouch too, and this thing is really neat. It is a clam shell-type design and it also has a tensioning screw like the holster. It has the same outstanding fit and finish of the holster too, and it is even more versatile. The pouch can be worn straght drop or canted; it can be worn right-handed or left-handed and it can be worn on the belt or IWB. The only drawback I can see is that G-Code doesn't offer the pouch in a double configuration which would be perfect for IDPA.

If you are in the market for a versatile kydex holster for your Glock, you should consider G-Code. The product is great, reasonably priced (especially if you are lucky enough to find one in the for sale section of GT ) and the customer service is outstanding.

Regards,
Frank

Old February 20, 2002, 07:55 PM   #2
Acujeff

Do you have a website address for them?
Old February 20, 2002, 08:23 PM   #3
faiello5

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/gcode.htm

Old February 21, 2002, 03:54 AM   #4
IdaReggaeMon

I'll second that

I've a G-Code paddle for my Glock 21. Very comfortable and secure. Well made and fairly inexpensive.
Old February 21, 2002, 06:46 PM   #5
Acujeff

All those addresses lead to one website. I tried E-Mailing them at the address listed and it wasn't active. There's no snail mail address or way of ordering over the website. Are you sure they are still in business? Do they want business?

However, it looks like their paddles are slotted for 2.25" belts. I'm looking for one that will fit securely around a 1.5" belt.
Old February 22, 2002, 10:08 AM   #6
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

faiello5,
Thanks much for the Kind words! It is always good to hear when folks are happy with our products.

Acujeff,

Are you talking about the Edge-Works / G-Code site?

I’m right here!

The G-Code paddles fit up to a 1.75” belt but works equally as well on a 1.5”.

I’m not sure what e-mail you tried but they all should be forwarded to my address [email protected]

Snail mail is posted in the lower left of every page with phone and FAX #.

We normally do not sell direct and refer our customers to one of our dealers. The idea here is that we need to support those who support us. That is why when you click on one of the buy buttons it takes you to a links page of a few of our dealers. That said, however, I don’t want any customer to be put out and I do from time to time sell direct at a trade show or if time is a factor for someone or if some special configuration in the holster is required. Generally we are not hard to find. The only thing I can think of is that our site will be updated frequently over the next few weeks as we add more photos and post more of the new items.

In any event give me a holler and I’ll see that you get the right rig.

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old February 22, 2002, 09:27 PM   #7
Justin Moore

Scott,

Will you have stuff for Sig's any time soon? Specifically the P226

Thanks bro, stay safe!
Democracy: A government of the masses, authority derived through mass meetings or any other form of direct expression; results in mobocracy; attitude toward property is communistic negating property rights; attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences; its result is dem-o-gogism, license, agitation, discontent and anarchy.

Republic: Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best suited to represent them. Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights and a sensible economic procedure. Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles that establish evidence with a strict regard for consequences. A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass, it avoids the dangerous extremes of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice contentment and progress, is a standard for government around the world.
Old February 26, 2002, 09:38 AM   #8
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Justin,
We picked up a Sig 226 late yesterday and will begin preparations to start the process. As we have a few items to finish first I will estimate that the 226 will be out sometime in April. The 220 will follow that. We will also have the BHP and a few more add on accessories.

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com
Old April 11, 2002, 12:41 AM   #9
Justin Moore

Scott,

I see that Extreme Outfitters is now listing the 226 Holster Do you perhaps have a picture you can show us?

Thanks!
Democracy: A government of the masses, authority derived through mass meetings or any other form of direct expression; results in mobocracy; attitude toward property is communistic negating property rights; attitude toward law is that the will of the majority shall regulate whether it is based upon deliberation or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without restraint or regard to consequences; its result is dem-o-gogism, license, agitation, discontent and anarchy.

Republic: Authority is derived through the election by the people of public officials best suited to represent them. Attitude toward property is respect for laws and individual rights and a sensible economic procedure. Attitude toward law is the administration of justice in accord with fixed principles that establish evidence with a strict regard for consequences. A greater number of citizens and extent of territory may be brought within its compass, it avoids the dangerous extremes of either tyranny or mobocracy. Results in statesmanship, liberty, reason, justice contentment and progress, is a standard for government around the world.
Old April 11, 2002, 06:20 PM   #10
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
if some special configuration in the holster is required.
MR G-CODE

DO YOU MAKE A HOLSTER FOR A 4.75" FREEDOME ARMS CASULL? I WOULD THINK THAT PLASTIC WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER MATERIAL FOR MY HUNTING SIDEARM AS IT CANNOT RETAIN MOISTURE/WATER.

THANKS

<Watch your mouth... this is a family forum!>
Old April 15, 2002, 05:21 PM   #11
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

Justin,

Sig 226 finished! Available in right and left hand, paddle or belt slide, black or green.

Take a look …

The Springfield XD is next (by the end of the month); Double mag carriers for everything in the line are after that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sig_226_041502a.jpg (100.1 KB, 193 views)

MOLON LABE !

www.range5.com
Old May 9, 2007, 01:05 PM   #12
Roh

G-code IWB

Hi
Would just like to say a few things about the G Code IWB holster.
I have been using mine now for about 18 months and am very impressed by its performance . It carries and conceals my Glock 19 very well and is also comfortable to wear ,however it is really important to go up a jean size when using the iwb system for carry !!

After 18 months of use the only show of wear is on the iwb nylon platform which is now looking quite tatty ? but is easy to replace so real problem there
I think this Holster system is the best available and would recommend it to anyone
Keep up the good work G code
Old May 10, 2007, 08:47 AM   #13
clown714

i've been pretty impressed w\my paddle.

clown