The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 1, 2002, 04:51 PM   #1
Country Boy2

Country Boy can't post!

OK, I need some help here. Back in December sometime, I couldn't post under my "Country Boy" username. I was told it was the dreaded cookie problem, so changed my options, but no luck.

I started this new username, and I can post just fine with this one. So I made sure my other account's options were set up the same as this one, and I still can't post under "Country Boy". Any ideas??

Rod

p.s. This is the screen I get:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2.You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Old February 1, 2002, 07:19 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Your original "Country Boy" account is inactive pending email confirmation.

It looks like you changed the email address you had listed with TFL a while back. The email address of record on the "Country Boy" account is invalid: torgeson@rocket .

Apparently, you mis-typed the new email address. Because of this, you didn't get the automatic email from TFL and you never responded to activate your account. At this point, we'll need to have an Administrator manually activate your account.

I'll contact an Admin to get your original account activated. We'll let you know when we're done. This being a Friday night... don't hold your breath...

-Dave
Old February 1, 2002, 08:46 PM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

This has been corrected.
Old February 4, 2002, 09:07 AM   #4
Country Boy

THANK YOU!!!

My work computer has filters, and for whatever reason, often it'll remove the last half of my home e-mail address. Then again, maybe I just goofed up typing it.

Thanks!
Old February 4, 2002, 12:22 PM   #5
Country Boy

George, you are my TFL hero. Where do I send the gratuity in the form of .45 ACP ammunition?
Old February 4, 2002, 08:55 PM   #6
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Don't need to do that... You can help TFL by spreading the word of RKBA and proper safety.
Take someone shooting with you who has never gone before.
Do that, and you will do TFL a great service.