The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 5, 2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Dr Crane

First Deer for my daughter!!

Couldn't be more proud of the 13 yr old, perfect shot at 28 yds, .243, 7:00. Guess she's a real hunter now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-5-09_002.jpg (80.2 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Dr Crane; December 5, 2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old December 5, 2009, 10:22 AM   #2
DRice.72

Congrats to you and your daughter! Its good to see people passing this great tradition on! That is a moment the two of you will always remember.
Old December 5, 2009, 10:39 AM   #3
hardluk1

Nothing better than to be with your child on there first kill. You and she did well.
Old December 5, 2009, 11:07 AM   #4
kraigwy

Congrats, makes you proud, I know. A year ago last Thinksgiving my Grandaughter (12 at the time) got her first turkey and deer. This Thanksgiving she got her second deer. She's starting her own Thanksgiving tridition.

Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old December 5, 2009, 11:10 AM   #5
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

While it was just a cottontail from the back porch to be fed to a bulldog... I too, felt the pride that my daughter now has one more tool to lead to self reliance for her whole life...
Congrats to your girl!
Brent
Old December 5, 2009, 11:43 AM   #6
simonkenton

Congratulations!

If you want to email me the pic I will shrink it for you.
Old December 5, 2009, 12:51 PM   #7
BIGR

Congratulations! I enjoy seeing youngsters get started at an early age hunting. They are for sure hunters of the future and without them a tradition will be lost. A guy hunts with me on my lease land and he has a son thats 12 and a daughter thats 14. The son has already taken 15 or 16 deer in his hunting career and his daughter just got started into it and she has taken 5 or more. Its a pleasure for me to see son sking his own deer at camp. His dad supervises him but makes him pretty well skin his own deer and cut the meat off the bone.
Myself I have no kids but if I had a son he would be right there with me in the woods. I guess I feel like a mentor to the the young man that hunts with us.
Old December 5, 2009, 02:06 PM   #8
Dr Crane

She wasn't too keen on the whole gutting thing, had to call in a friend for help seeing as how I've never shot a deer myself! Couldn't believe the outpouring of support and help I got from friends and strangers when they found out my girl wanted to take up hunting! She was able to get out 8 days, this was the last day I could go out before the season ended. Buddy of mine took her out twice during the week last week. Still can't believe how proud I am!
Old December 5, 2009, 04:13 PM   #9
Remingtonvadeer

congrats on both Girls! So great to see kids getting there first deer, or any other game. So great to see new "Hunters" An their smile's, Can wait til my son Is old enough to hold a gun to start practicing!