The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 5, 2011, 05:45 PM   #1
lupe0440

shotgun choices

I am in the market for a nice shotgun. I have owned a browning bps before and loved it. I am using it for clay pigeon shooting with freinds mostly. I would like to buy either a overunder or a semiauto. After alot of research and a $900 budget. I have came to a struggle. I am trying to decide between a browning silver hunter with 28" barrel or the cz redneck 28" overunder. I have always wanted a overunder but am afraid of the name(CZ). Would love some feedback or other suggestions. I am not a entry level shooter either just cant go buy a citori right now.
Old March 5, 2011, 06:52 PM   #2
BILLDAVE

I believe the browning is made by FN in Belgium. They do fine work there. I have a SX3 that was made there and I love it. Maybe someone with some CZ expirence can chime in.
Good luck,
BILLDAVE
Old March 5, 2011, 06:56 PM   #3
pabuckslayer08

CZ is just as legendary as Browning. They make some very hard to beat priced guns as well as some that are state of the art
Old March 5, 2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Slugo48

Brownings are predominately made by Miroku of Japan under the Citori name. FN makes the small supply of European Brownings coming from Belgium. And, CZ is nowhere near the legend of John Moses Browning and his arms company. Get real, LOLOL...
Old March 5, 2011, 07:16 PM   #5
joegator

For an auto Browning, Benelli, and Beretta are all well made quality guns. If you want to move into the over and under category look for a used Citori or Beretta.

CZ makes some great pistols and rifles. In my opinion their over and unders are not in the same class as Browning or Beretta. A couple years ago I was in the market for a sub $1000 O/U and I picked up a used Beretta. They are designed to last a lifetime.