The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 23, 2010, 06:18 PM   #1
HotMetal

Need Help From Volunteer

I am heading to the Smoky Mountains this spring for some recreation with the family. A little fishing, a little sightseeing, maybe even a trip to Dollywood. From what I read of the Tennessee concealed carry laws, my PA carry permit is valid, but carry is NOT permitted in public parks, civic centers, public recreation grounds, establishments that serve alcohol, schools, colleges, etc.

Would a Tennessee resident with experience in the carry laws kindly give me some practical carry advice? I doubt that I am going to any schools or colleges and I understand the alcohol serving establishments, but how far reaching is the public park thing, does that rule out carry in the Smokey Mountain National Forest (even though federal law now allows carry in National Parks)? What about public recreation grounds, how is that defined in actual practice? Where else will I be prohibited from carrying?

Also, is there a requirement to inform law enforcement if I am carrying if stopped for a traffic violation?

Thank you!
Old March 23, 2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

www.handgunlaw.us is a good site that will answer a lot of your questions regarding CCW in other than your home state.