The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 23, 2001, 09:36 PM   #1
Gunner's mate

Which CZ75

I'm about to try a CZ75. I have semiautos with decockers but never saw any particular advantage. Is there an advantage to the BD over the B? Thanks

Quote:
"What we have here, is failure to communicate". Strother Martin
Old September 23, 2001, 10:04 PM   #2
CZ_

I don't like decockers in general. I like the option to carry "cocked and locked", and thus I would recommend the CZ 75B, or even better the CZ 75B SA (single action only version). What caliber do you want? If this is your first CZ, I'd recommend getting the 9mm CZ 75 SA first.
Old September 23, 2001, 10:16 PM   #3
Ponty

It's a matter of what you want.
Decocker don't really have a safety.
Pick it up,squeeze,it will fire.
Your only safety is a long trigger
pull for the first round.

Guns with safeties should always
be ON SAFETY. If trigger is
accidentaly pulled,it will not fire.

Ponty
Old September 23, 2001, 10:22 PM   #4
railroader

I have the cz75b. I have shot it in a few pistol matches so I like the cocked and locked capabilities. Then if it is the house gun I can keep one in the chamber and have the hammer down or at half cock. Personally I have no problem lowering the hammer on a round. Also you can probably still find the cz75b military around. You will get a better price than on the standard cz75b in polymer and it is the same gun. Some places sell the military with a ten and a fifteen round mag for less than the standard cz75b with ten round mags. If you decide to get the 75sa check out the paticular gun you would be buying. I have only seen one and my75b has a better trigger than the sa model had. Whatever you decide cz's are great guns. Mark
Old September 24, 2001, 09:09 AM   #5
ronin308

I have a PCR

I really like the PCR version of the 75. The decock only feature was something that I liked because I've had previous experience with Sigs. The PCR has some custom type features that I prefer: recessed crown, extended mag release, and low profile type sights. My friend has a 75B that he is completely satisfied with. He prefers cocked and locked. Personally I would feel comfortable however with either cocked and locked with the 75B or decocked with the 75D. I'd say do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Decocked or cocked and locked, just keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire as usual. Never rely on the safety.
Old September 24, 2001, 11:45 AM   #6
jrf

compact

I have the compact and love it. It just fits my hands right. I was lucky enough to have a local dealer that had almost all models in stock. Now that I have the compact, I really want to get a full size also. I bought this gun for a "training" gun. One of the advantages to me was that I could train in DA mode, or train in SA mode. I was not set on one or the other, and the ability to try both with one gun was really nice.

I think I am starting to prefer cocked and locked, however I'm just as fast on my first shot with DA.
Old September 24, 2001, 11:58 AM   #7
Coltdriver

Take a look at the CZ85 Combat.

It is a 75 without the firing pin safety and with an ambedexterious safety and adjustable sights.

The fit and finish are as nice as they come with maybe just a bit more attention paid to the finish than a 75.

I have a satin nickel version that costs $315.00 about a year ago.