The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 20, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
ronl

New AR Upper

[ATTACH][ATTACH]horsey 014 Quick e-mail view.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I've been looking for a lightweight upper for HD purposes and finally found one. A friend of mine put it together and offered it to me, and it was an offer I couldn't refuse. 14.5 lightweight 1/7 barrel with pinned YHM Phantom flashhider. Rock River upper, Low profile gas block, TroyTRX free float rail. I added Magpul MBUS sights, A Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, and a UTG vert fore grip I had lying around. When placed on my New Frontier Armory lower, it weighs in at a hefty 6lbs. 6oz. unloaded. I've run a few mags through it so far and it has run perfectly. Have less than $700 in the entire setup. This weapon is precisely what I wanted. Now to load some 77gr. Nosler HPBT's and I can find out what it is really capable of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horsey 016 Quick e-mail view.jpg (66.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg horsey 015 Quick e-mail view.jpg (76.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by ronl; September 24, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old September 24, 2012, 06:07 PM   #2
ronl

Finally added some pics.