The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 21, 2005, 07:14 PM   #1
Berettafan21

Stoeger 2000

I am considering getting one of these and wondered if anyone has had expericence with this firearm? Thanx so much
Old August 21, 2005, 07:26 PM   #2
InSoMNiaX23

I was looking at them earlier this year when I decided it was time to buy a semi-auto shotgun. I held a camo one and the finish did not seem all that nice. It also seemed to have an over all cheap feel about it. A synthetic stock is made out of plastic, but the stock on that gun noticeably feels like plastic. It cost twice as much at the M2000, but i wound up buying an M1 Field and I couldn't be happier.
Old August 21, 2005, 08:38 PM   #3
rugerdude

I don't know about the 2000, but I have a stoeger condor and the finish is the worst of any gun that I own. You simply can't stop it from rusting.........spend the extra cash on something nicer....it will be better in the long run.....I absoluteley love the benelli M2s.

Not my quote but I agree completely.
Old August 25, 2005, 09:08 AM   #4
Berettafan21

I am suprized to hear the replies. I was under the impression that Stoger was a divsion of Benelli now and thought that as such their quality would be better.
Old August 29, 2005, 09:43 AM   #5
MakeMyDay

I recently bought a Stoeger M2000 at a Gun Show. I just went to the range to try it out this past weekend. I was shooting some skeet and didn't really push the gun to the lowest end of its capabilities since I was shooting 1 1/8 oz. shot. You are supposed to shoot 1 oz. or heavier, even though I heard of some people shooting 7/8 oz. and they experienced no difficulties. I had absolutely no "malfs" after about 4 boxes of shells. I do have to say that it does present more recoil to the shooter than say...a Remington 1187 or a Beretta AL391. I am no expert in firearms but I have certainly handled and shot a broad number of them. I feel that for the money (About $400) this gun is definitely worth that; and on top of that, it is also capable of satisfying the user's expectations. However, people must realize that it is not a Benelli SBE or SBE2!
Although somewhat similar in the inertia operating system, the guns are a little different. I think the one attribute that they both share is the speed that one can shoot shells with them. They are FAST! Does the difference between the Stoeger and the Benelli make one better than the other?
I don't even want to begin to get into that debate! But if you're looking for something that performs kind of like the SBE, then the Stoeger M2000 might be your "Flavor of the Day"! And you won't have spent $1000 +
Regards,
MakeMyDay
Old September 2, 2005, 11:56 PM   #6
catch9mm

Recently purchased a Stoeger 2000 synthetic. I can say that I am extrememly happy with the performance I have with this 450 NIB shotgun. I shot clays last week with my buddy and his SBE, and I could tell that by the end of the day he was second guessing his 1100 dollar puchase as these two guns fired and cycled very similar from what we could tell. Obviously the Stoeger is not as beautiful or egronomic, but it is very solid and well made.

*excuse the tardy post*