The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 26, 2001, 01:02 AM   #1
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

I finally decided to get a Franch 612 Defense. Locally, they go for $490. I got an email teling me that they've been spotted for $350 elsewhere. With shipping and transfer fees included, minus tax I'd still be ahead. Unfortunately, the sale mentioned is over at that one store. I've tried searching on-line w/o luck. If you see a 612 Defense sold locally for much less than $490, please let me know.
Old March 26, 2001, 03:17 AM   #2
magnum_force

What is a Franch 612 Defense? Anyone got pics or specs on it?
Old March 26, 2001, 12:56 PM   #3
Oleg Volk
Staff Alumnus

http://www.franchiusa.com
Old March 29, 2001, 03:13 AM   #4
magnum_force

I did not see the Franch 612 Defense on the http://www.franchiusa.com. Does anyone have pics of this SG?
Old March 29, 2001, 04:45 AM   #5
magnum_force

Is the 612 DEFENSE on sale yet?

I found this info on their site:

FRANCHI® INTRODUCES THE NEW VARIOPRESS™ 612 DEFENSE™

Accokeek, Maryland -- For 2000, Franchi adds the 612 Defense™ — a no-nonsense arm for protecting the home, farm or boat. It has a black synthetic stock and a cylinder-bored barrel that will handle 3" shells including all kinds of defensive ammo from birdshot to slugs. The 612 Defense has an overall length of 39 1/2" and weighs 6.5 lbs. It has a magazine capacity of five plus one and as an option a two-shot magazine extension is available.

The 612 features a unique safety system. Franchi holds the patent on a dual safety system that is one of the most secure on the market. First, when the safety button at the front of the trigger guard is depressed, the sear is blocked. Second, for extra safety a disconnect lever prevents the gun from firing out of battery by removing the inertia from the hammer spring and hammer.
Old March 30, 2001, 11:59 AM   #6
Christopher II

Oleg, that Franchi looks to be an interesting weapon. When you get ahold of one, let us know how it does.

Thanks,
Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key