The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 4, 2016, 12:06 PM   #26
JDBerg

OP, I can tell you that the Kimber 1911's that I know and have owned that worked like gangbusters, were the ones that have had regular maintenance and armoring. Otherwise, a Glock 21 will work better with less maintenance

If that were my Kimber 1911 with that round-count I'd take it and all of your magazines to a competent, preferably local, gunsmith & have it completely detail stripped & armored, have a thorough reliability tune done to it. Have it test fired & have the sights zeroEd with the ammo you typically use.

After that, your gunsmith is your partner to help you fix any other problems you might have with the gun!