The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 26, 2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Gary Slider

NV & UT Permit Costs - State RKBA's Orgs - From Handgunlaw.us

Nevada and Utah are changing the fees they charge for Permit/Licenses. Both are lowering the costs some. I have copies of letters sent to State Firearm Instructors in those states explaining the new fees. These changes will show up on those states official websites in the near future. It is 30 to 60 days before these new fees go into effect. Utah is one of the most sought after non resident permit/licenses.

North Carolina Cities and Counties are trying to post city property beyond what the Legislature intended. GRNC (Grass Roots North Carolina) is one organization helping to lead the charge to keep these Cities and Counties from passing such ordinances. If you are a NC resident they could use your assistance. You can find out more Information Here: http://www.grnc.org/

Many states have seen bills introduced to improve the RKBA’s and Carry Laws. It seems to me this year I have seen more pro RKBA’s bills introduced than I can remember in previous years. Many state RKBA’s Orgs are leading the charge on these changes. Do take the time to check out the Organization/s in your state and consider joining them in our endless fight to keep and broaden our legal rights to own and carry firearms.

Many times we can’t understand why a RKBA’s group would oppose some laws that sound really good to us. Laws are tricky things. The VCDL came out opposing Castle Doctrine Bills in Virginia. You need to read why they are doing this and how this great sounding law was not right for Virginia and how it could hurt their rights in Virginia to defend themselves as it was introduced. This is one of those times the Liberal Press can put out a headline that makes a RKBA’s group look like it is going against their members when just the opposite is true.
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...o-castle-bills

www.handgunlaw.us has a file that lists State RKBA’s Orgs by state. It can be found in the left column on the main page. If you know of an Org that should be listed please let me know. These Orgs are very important and are doing great work .
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.