The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old September 23, 2008, 08:38 PM   #1
checkmate

SWAT magazine?

I rarely stray from the TFL revolver forum. The only gun mag I currently enjoy is "American Handgunner" I've never seen or heard of SWAT magazine, is it targeted for the LE or civilian crowd? What type of articles will you find there? Thanks.
checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

In my opinion, S.W.A.T. doesn't target any one particular group of readers other than firearms enthusiasts in general. Certain articles will be more of interest to one group than another, but on the next page you'll find one of interest to a different group.

It certainly has the best qualified "been there done that" group of writers you'll find in any publication of its kind.

And emphatically, NO, I am not paid or even prompted or encouraged to say this.

Your best bet is to take a look at the website and see for yourself what type of articles the magazine includes. The link is at the bottom of every page here.
Mal H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2008, 10:33 PM   #3
checkmate

Mal H,
Thank you for responding. I'll look for the "link", I'm like a Flintstone learning this whole computer thing.
checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2008, 07:31 PM   #4
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Compared to a piece like "American Handgunner," I'd compare them this way. AH is primarily a gear magazine, featuring lots of photos and reviews of all the latest guns, plus some training and accessories and knives and politics on the side.
SWAT is primarily a training magazine, with gun reviews and accessory/gear reviews and some knives and politics and stuff thrown in on the side.

SWAT is much more about gunfighting and training than the guns themselves, although of course AH covers training and shooting events and SWAT reviews guns.