The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old February 19, 2012, 04:23 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Surplusrifle.com's cds and information

I had not known that Surplusrifle.com has been closed for quite some time, was just wanting to look for information for mauser disassembly/reassembly. Man, I should have bought the cd's that hold that huge wealth of information on the procedures!! Does anyone know where we can still purchase them...anyone???
Old February 19, 2012, 04:43 PM   #2
emcon5

Looks like the IP address trick isn't working any more either. Used to be if you put the IP address in place of the domain name it still came up, but I just tried and it is dead as well.

I saved most of it off, what are you looking for?
Old February 19, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3
ks_wayward_son

Emcon...thats great that you had such fantastic hindsight...I was looking for pretty much all of the disassembly/reassembly procedures for:

1.) all mauser variants
2.) Mosin rifles
3.) Enfield rifles
4.) K31 Swiss

Geeez....like I said, I'd liked to have gotten those two big cds. Used to be that you could order from the the guy on tngunparts too, but that website is long gone too. Darn...be kicking myself for a while. Also, there was this website like the wayback machine that was supposed to keep archived web pages too...and that doesn't work either. Such a waste of great knowledge. On another note, I hope the fellow who originally kept up the page...Jamie Magrum is fairing well with his battle...didn't know that was the reason for the site's demise. Good on him and his family.
Old February 19, 2012, 05:44 PM   #4
emcon5

I will take a look to see what I have. IN the mean time, search YouTube. Lots of how-to videos there.
Old February 19, 2012, 05:45 PM   #5
ks_wayward_son

Nevermind...I found all of the old archives saved to this one webpage. Pure and simply serendipity to find it if ya ask me. Here ya go if anybody needs them:

http://www.sportsmanmaps.com/surplusrifle/index.html

Flippin' great...saved my milsurp collection sanity! Wished the "somefiles" headings were a little more...shall we say..."specific"? But nevertheless...the information is saved...for now. Maybe I should go ahead and save it to a zip file to be safe too now.

Btw...thanks emcon for your offered assistance in the matter. Appreciate it!
Old February 19, 2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Tikirocker

Yes it was a shame our old mother site had to go ... we tried to save it but nothing could be done at the end of the day as it was owned by somebody else by that time.

Tiki.
Old February 19, 2012, 08:11 PM   #7
finloq

Bummer Tiki...