The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 14, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Maxdog.VF213

Location: The Peoples Republic Of Illinois, AKA Firearm Owners Hellinois. ;-)
PX4 Type

Hey Gang..

Ok have an odd question, I did a trade for a basicly brand bew PX4 from someone who was selling his so I dont have a way to contact him again, but not important.. I was wondering, how do I know what "Style of PX4" I have? I keep seeing things online about a Model D and C and so on but I dont see anything anywhere on the gun that has a letter refering to what type it is, I mean I dont think it matters really as I have had Her this long, shot more rounds through her in such a short time then I think any other gun I have as I just 100% love EVERYTHING about My 9mm PX4.
Any help would be appreciated..

Not sure if a Pic helps but here ya go..

Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PX4-B.jpg (231.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Maxdog.VF213; February 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old February 14, 2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Mosin44az

OK from the picture it looks like you have the original size Px4, judging from the length of the grip and the length of the sight rail. There is a Compact and a Subcompact now also.

It looks like you have the standard Beretta safety also, making yours a Type F as I recall. You pull the safety lever down and back to decock, and then have to push it up again to be able to fire, right?

There is a G type where that lever is a decocker-only, it would spring back up on its own. D I think would be DAO trigger, no safety lever.

All this from memory, maybe some experts will find this thread.

Nice gun, by the way. Mine was flawless through hundreds of rounds. I just have trouble with long trigger pulls.
Old February 14, 2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Maxdog.VF213

That is exactly right as far as the Saftey/Decocker, and thank you. Actually have a better pic as I have added a Laser/light to Her.. Looks so good.. Just so so love My PX4..lol. If I havent Mentioned..

Also, how do I add a pic without it being an attachment and be able to post it on differ threads? When I go to manage images and I try to add a pic it wont let Me if its on another thread and doesnt show pic in thread, only a link..
Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Girl.jpg (244.0 KB, 47 views)
Old February 15, 2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Coyote_Buster700

Quote:
Also, how do I add a pic without it being an attachment and be able to post it on differ threads? When I go to manage images and I try to add a pic it wont let Me if its on another thread and doesnt show pic in thread, only a link..
Thanks..
Go to imageshack.com you can upload pictures to it and it gives you a link. Then copy and paste the link. When its on this page, highlight it and click on the button on toolbar to the left of the quote button.that looks like a mountain at sunrise. That should work.
Old February 15, 2012, 11:52 AM   #5
ScotchMan

Type F is by far the most common. You have a full-size Type F. I believe they can be converted to Type G pretty easily if you like (I personally hate flip-up safeties because it is damn near impossible for me to do with one hand on a draw).
Old February 15, 2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Maxdog.VF213

Thanks, Thats what I kinda figured but Mine seems pretty easy, can flip it up to fire from safe with the side of My thumb with total ease, but thats just Mine, Guns after extended use IMO are like a finger print, no 2 are alike due to how often and extensive ya clean, and lube, and fire, and then how ya adjust Her to fit your style of shooting and carrying. Your favorite Gun becomes a part of Ya, atleast thats how I feel about My Baby..
Old February 15, 2012, 12:01 PM   #7
TunnelRat

If I carried an F I would just carry it with the hammer down, safety off. The F can do the same thing as the G, you just have to go through one more step of flipping the safety off before holstering. Like Scotch said there are conversion kits out there if you want them. I do think they are sexy guns, and wish I had one.
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 15, 2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Maxdog.VF213

Yep, thats how I carry Mine just as She is, Saftey Off and hammer down..
Old February 15, 2012, 04:05 PM   #9
HighValleyRanch

Quote:
Also, how do I add a pic without it being an attachment and be able to post it on differ threads?
Here fixed it for you.
You click on the attachment and when the window pops up, copy the URL address. Then go the Reply box, click on the image button, and paste in the URL you copied of the attachment.

Also suggest modifying your image size. This one is large and I'm surprise you were able to attach. I usually size mine to 900 to keep it under the the size limitations for posting. Helps people on dialup as well.

Old February 15, 2012, 04:09 PM   #10
Maxdog.VF213

WOW! Lol. Thanks a bunch for that, and yes that thing is huge, just uploaded from My computer pics as I have an online album of "My Gals" lol. Didnt realize they were that big as My PC auto sizes em to fit the screen when I open em. Will forsure change em before I upload any more as its so big its kinda annoying to look at in the post.