The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 31, 2015, 09:41 AM   #1
gandog56

I've Always Wanted A 10mm Carbine

But they were just so darned expensive. So to scratch my itch I went with a Mechtech CCU for use with my Dan Wesson Razorback. Took it with a little trepidation to the range. Man, this thing is a hoot!

This was the very first shots at 25 yards, about 3 mags of 8 rounds, adjusting the red dot scope up as I went.

Unit was flawless. No failures to feed or fire whatsoever. The only thing I didn't like was the bolt does not lock back after the last round is fired. If I wasn't counting the shots, I was pulling the trigger on a empty mag quite a few times.
Old April 1, 2015, 05:22 PM   #2
bfoosh006

Nice... BTW this may interest you.

10mm ballistics by the inch.. not a direct comparison but informative anyway.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/10mm.html
Old April 1, 2015, 05:34 PM   #3
CaptainO

Gangdog:

Glad you like it! (I knew you would). Now all you need is to take it hunting to really enjoy the round's inherent versatility.

Enjoy!

Scott
Old April 1, 2015, 06:24 PM   #4
smee78

I have a MecTec for my 1911 45 and man do I enjoy shooting mine. I would love to try one in 10mm, congrats on a fine addition. I installed a shotgun scope I had laying around and its a great addition, makes it look like I can really shoot.
Old April 3, 2015, 11:41 AM   #5
Stevie-Ray

I always wanted Marlin to make a camp carbine in 10mm. I would have been first in line.
Old April 3, 2015, 11:46 AM   #6
4V50 Gary
Staff

HK MP-5 in 10mm FTW. Effective out to 275 yards.
Old April 3, 2015, 08:25 PM   #7
bamaranger

itch

I've had an itch to buy a MechTech unit for quite a few years, either in Glock 20 or Glock 17. The G20 would have enough punch, but a 33 rd mag in the G17 would be a hoot. Pretty much a range toy, I've not committed.

The 10mm has enough powder capacity, that it seems to benefit well from longer barrels, like the other magnum revolver rounds in carbines. Typical auto pistol rounds, 9-40-45, don't seem to show as much gain.