The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 7, 2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Pahoo

Kids say the darn-est things.

As a hunter safety instructor, working with young people, you hear some pretty funny things. Such as;

1) While demonstrating the prep, loading and shooting an M/L. One student commented;
Isn't this a whole bunch of trouble to go through, just to get one shot off? ....

2) During our live-fire exercise during a lull, A small cute female student turned to her older Brother and said;
If you think I'm going to shoot that thing, you are going to be sh*** out of luck. ....

3) After completing one of my M/L kits, my youngest Daughter said;
Dad, are you really going to shoot that thing?? ....

Be Safe !!!
Old February 8, 2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Roaddog

Yep! Grandpa are ya sposto shoot the stick at the targen too?
Old February 8, 2012, 08:55 AM   #3
shortwave

"PaPa, you really need a lot of hands to shoot all those guns"....the five year old grandson says as he stares into the safe.

Upon further discussions with him it seems he heard this... "Why do you need another gun, you've only got two hands", from his mother (DIL) when his dad(my son) wanted to buy another gun.

I really need to have a private talk with my son.
Old February 8, 2012, 08:57 AM   #4
deerslayer303

LOL god I love kids, they keep you young! My wife was irritated at my daughter (she was 3 at this time) and the ol lady said "kaylie you are driving me crazy today" My daughter replied "Mama you drive me crazy everyday!" I about fell off the couch laughing!

I also took her hunting, we had been in the blind all of about 20 minutes. There wasn't much going on in the woods, no critters to look at per say. And she said Daddy? Where are the deer? I said baby I don't know, we will have to be patient and quiet and wait on them. She said " How long do we have to wait?" I said I don't know. She replied " DADDY! THIS TAKES TOO LONG IT DON'T TAKE THIS LONG WHEN WE GO FISHING!" With all my laughter, we just left and went and had ice cream!
Old February 8, 2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Pahoo

Future "Rambo"

Quote:
he five year old grandson says as he stares into the safe.
We routinely have one of our Grandsons over as he would rather spend time with us than be home, or so it seems. The first things he asks is; Grandpa, have you bought a new gun, lately. He too asks if he can look in my safe. ..
The Last time, he looked in there, he let out a sigh and said;
On day, these are going to be all mine !!!

Going to have to slow him down as he has his own collection of AirSofts and recently asked me for a case. I fear that I have created Gun-Nut !!!

Be Safe !!!
Old February 8, 2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Trip286

My son came home from a new babysitter, an African American lady. He grabbed a spoon and screamed at my wife wife "n****r, I'll cut you!" We found a new babysitter.