The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 1, 2012, 01:05 PM   #26
Beagle333

Quote:
This 1849 Colt has been loaded for a LONG time - my grandfather plowed it up in a field here around 1941, and it still has five of its six chambers loaded with one completely intact cap on one nipple, and remains on a couple others.
Why couldn't I plow up something neat like that? All I ever get is boxes of arrowheads, spear points, and broken pottery.
Old February 3, 2012, 10:38 AM   #27
TX Hunter

That Revolver looks amaizing for being burried and plowed up so long ago.
thats a cool find. I guess the Wood Grips rotted off, but the metal looks good.
Im getting My Muzzle Loader back today, my friend shot it yesterday, and called me and asked me how to clean it. He said he wants to clean it and bring it back to me this weekend. Im going to put a Leupold Grand Slam Scope on it, and a nice sling. I really like this Muzzle Loader, its comfortable to carry, ballanced well, and shoots very nicely. When I put my Scope, and Sling on it it will be awesome. The only thing I dont like is that the Ram Rod, is a little short, It has an attachment that you can screw on the ram rod to make it more comfortable to load, but I would like some kind of pivoting device on the end that you could use as a handle. Thanks for all the advice guys, I found a good deal on a Muzzle Loader near me, and let him know about it, Next season, I am planning to hunt with this one, even during the regular rifle season.
Old February 3, 2012, 10:48 AM   #28
Beagle333

Cabelas has this folding T-handle on sale in the bargain cave this week. I been eyeing it myself, for my short rod on my Genesis.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-Bargain+Cave
Have a Colt and a smile.
Old February 3, 2012, 11:17 AM   #29
TX Hunter

Thanks Beagle
Old February 3, 2012, 11:26 AM   #30
Pahoo

They work well !!!

Quote:
Cabelas has this folding T-handle
I have one of these on my in-line hunter and it comes in handy, for loading as well as cleaning and resolving problems. I have a separate T-Handle for my SideLock Hunters. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old February 3, 2012, 11:47 AM   #31
TX Hunter

I just ordered the T Handle, thanks for the help.