The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 25, 1999, 06:32 PM   #1
HKIL

I'm wondering how many people out there know anything about changing laws
to make NY a State were the average law abiding citizen can own class 2 and 3 weapons?
Has this been done anywhere?
Is anybody interest in doing something like this?
I live in CT. and may be moving to NY for work related reasons.
Want to own some class 3 firearms in the near future.

------------------
HKIL
Old October 25, 1999, 10:19 PM   #2
ctdonath

If you can figure out how, you'll have my active support. I recently wanted to get a C3 gun, and had to settle for a 12ga pistol (the only NY-legal C3 gun I could find).

The only way I can think of is a lawsuit to the effect "I am a member of the US militia, and for proper training and preparedness I should be permitted ownership of the standard US military small arm, the M16." The state would go thru all possible legal contortions to prevent that (2nd Amendment is void in NY City, and judges can revoke CCW licenses at a whim throughout the state).

If you are legally creative and work hard at it, it _is_ possible to posess a machinegun or silencer in NY, but requires extreme contortions (like finding/making a valid business reason), and such techniques bring you very close to the edge of a very tall legal cliff.
Old October 26, 1999, 12:35 AM   #3
blades67

All you have to do is lobby the state legislature to change the current laws to allow Title II weapons. Good luck.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~
Old October 26, 1999, 07:21 PM   #4
HKIL

Ctdonath, lets figure out a way to do this, I'll be speaking to a firearms attorney in a few days and will let you know what he says.
In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
If anybody else has any suggestions, they are all welcome.
Old November 6, 1999, 08:04 AM   #5
ghostsix

Just bribe them,as always.
Old November 7, 1999, 12:54 AM   #6
HS

ctdonath, thought you'd might be interested in this as I was Surfing & found this at http://gunsamerica.comshowguns.cgi?guncat=2570 - Thunder 5, $495.00. This is the Mil. Inc. 5 Shot double action revolver, a giant 410 ga. revolver with very light recoil, used in box, 90% Blue book, a knock your socks off handgun capable of shooting 5 3" magnums in under 3 seconds! Extremely well constructed for a lifetime of reliable service, this weapon is the ultimate "snake gun"(for both those that crawl on their bellys, and those that walk on 2 legs!). Comes with pachmayers, decelerator grips from the factory(same size grip as .38 specials!) Consigned, and seller will consider reasonable offers. Phone: (904) 935-4867 Seller: M.R.M. Outdoor Sports Supplies - Mail: [email protected]

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail [email protected]
Alternate E-mail
[email protected]

Old November 8, 1999, 10:38 AM   #7
ctdonath

<giggle>
"Very light recoil" my foot!
I want a picture! :-)