The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 20, 2014, 08:43 PM   #1
pctechdude

357 Sig with 115gr Tac-Xp

Looking for some info here, I see Barnes offers a few 357 Sig lead free rounds, a 125 grain and a lighter offering. However I have a bunch of .355 diameter 115gr hollow points and was looking for some load data on these. They are long enough almost 147gr length, just curious as I cannot seem to locate anything on this combo
Old March 20, 2014, 09:09 PM   #2
precision_shooter

Are you asking for info on the 125gr Barnes or the 115gr hp's you already have?
What powder are you looking to use?

Hodgdon has load data for .357 sig with 115gr bullet using Longshot, HS-6, CFE, and Universal.

Accurate has load data for 115gr bullet using Ramshot Zip, No. 2, Ramshot silhouette, Ramshot True Blue, No. 5, No. 7, and No. 9...

You don't have to match the specific bullet, just the weight/type (Jacketed, plated, lead). The Barnes should be loaded like a jacketed bullet.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Last edited by precision_shooter; March 20, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old March 20, 2014, 10:10 PM   #3
pctechdude

Sorry, I'm asking about the Barnes tac-xp 115gr. Its a 9mm solid copper hollow point. I've got quite a few years in on the reloading but about a week on 357 Sig lol.

Powders on hand are, longshot, power pistol, hs-6, blue dot, hp-38, titegroup, 800-x and bullseye.
Old March 21, 2014, 05:30 AM   #4
ligonierbill

Send a note to Barnes. Their website typically shows only 2 powders, but I have found them quick to respond to, "I have powder x. Do you have load data?" I have to disagree with the earlier comment. Barnes do not follow the same data as jacketed bullets. Power Pistol should work. I loaded some 125 TAC-XP over PP (max 8.0 per Barnes), but I have not had a chance to test them.
Old March 21, 2014, 11:48 AM   #5
pctechdude

Agreed they are much longer than most bullets. I sent an email to them, telling them what I was looking for, and the powders I have available. Hopefully something comes up.