The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 15, 2011, 09:00 PM   #76
Ace_Breaker

Quote:
The reason is that a LOT of folks have a LOT of trouble with their products. Myself included, I've never owned a Taurus worth a damn. I gave up after 2. It's no conspiracy.
I was being sarcastic.

Interestingly, I love seeing forum members who support Taurus and argue to the end how good they are. Only to see them a year or two later bashing them because they had a breakage or other issue. With time and experience the truth always comes out. I'll be seeing you around Tauri fans.
Old March 15, 2011, 09:03 PM   #77
John Fritz

This is a little off topic but... where the hell is the quote feature? I can't figure out how to grab a post from someone else and use it as a quote.
Old March 15, 2011, 09:42 PM   #78
Shadi Khalil

Highlight the text you want to quote and click on the word bubble icon right above the reply box.
Old March 15, 2011, 09:53 PM   #79
10mmAuto

Quote:
(that weren't caused by a VERY cheap magazine that came free as part of a promotion)
The only 1911 magazines I have a spotless track record with is the premium priced Wilson Combats. The Kimber magazines I bought (with my Kimber), even the spendy ones, have issues. Kimbers are considered to be quality 1911s but none the less Kimber produces "meh" magazines. Along the same lines, I agree and don't think bad magazines are an indictment against the quality of a PT1911.
Old March 16, 2011, 09:45 AM   #80
stegar1

i love my pt1911dt. as well as the other taurus i own. if you like it buy it!

Semper Fi
Old March 17, 2011, 07:41 AM   #81
Kevinch

I’m into this discussion a little late but:

Taurus Mod 85 snub .38 Special revolver: double-action light primer strikes & barrel turned in too far so the front sight was canted & the gun shot way off POA. Returned to Taurus, sent back to me about 4~6 weeks later (I can’t honestly remember how long) & it was flawless after that. I sold that gun to a close friend who still has it today. This was back in the early 90’s.

Taurus PT940 .40S&W semi auto pistol: this gun was flawless out of the box & still is. Also, it is one on the most accurate handguns I own - & that comparison includes (3) modern 1911s, some S&W & Ruger revolvers with long tubes, etc. I've never had an issue with this pistol.

In comparison, I have a S&W 686-2 that I bought new that had to go back to the factory for excessive cylinder end shake, & a Ruger .22 semi auto pistol that had a trigger issue that had to be returned to the factory.

My personal take on Taurus, from my personal experience: their guns seem to perform on par with the other major manufacturers who mass produce handguns.
...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law abiding) deprived the use of them. --Thomas Paine
Old March 17, 2011, 01:24 PM   #82
BRE346

Taurus reputation.

I've had Sigma and S&W and Taurus. All needed trigger work.
They all work great now.

My experience with Taurus repair is a twelve day turnaround, Texas to Miami.

The others I fixed myself.

Don't be afraid of the Taurus. Lifetime repair warranty.

Tags
9mm , pt909 , s&w , smith & wesson , taurus