The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old March 10, 2010, 05:33 PM   #26
Shoney

I have dealt with Hornady several times and have has WONDERFUL SERVIOCE FROM HORNADY!!! I've ahd wonderful service from every reloading buisness.

riverwalker76, it appears that you were in agitated state of mind when you called Hornady. I don't blame you. However, I took the CS ladys comments in a different light, more like. "I can't wait to see what the boys in the back room did wrong. HO! HO! HO!"

It seems to me she was laughing at the situation, not you.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old March 10, 2010, 05:57 PM   #27
bhw4235

Can't speek for hornady, but in my line of buisness we run into the credit card issue alot, it is purly for a paper trail so that they can allocate that part (box of bullets) to a order number so when they come off backorder he will be closer to the front of the line and they don't run out again before he gets his. Don't sound like anything out of the ordenary to me, I don't like it ,but it is how it is not just with hornady but most others. Like i said i cant speek for them just my oppinion.
Old March 10, 2010, 06:32 PM   #28
Rembrandt

Party 1 makes bullets.....party 2 buys them for resale and guarantees their products....party 3 buys from party 2....but asks for satisfaction from party 1?

Defective car issues are not taken directly to the manufacturer...goes through the dealer first.

Bullets should have first been returned to party 2 for satisfaction.....not party 1.

Last edited by Rembrandt; March 10, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old March 10, 2010, 06:37 PM   #29
golfballshootr

Rembrandt

But by being a party to the party involved and not going to the said party to get that party to correct the issue.........wait a sec, are you a lawyer???? Just kidding, couldn't resist myself there!
Old March 10, 2010, 06:43 PM   #30
Rembrandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballshootr
Rembrandt.....are you a lawyer????

I've been called a lot of things.....but that's really low.
Old March 10, 2010, 06:59 PM   #31
m&p45acp10+1

I have not dealt with Hornady's CS so I can not say anything for them. I did get a box of mislabeled .410 Berry's from Cabella's(they were 44/40). I emailed Berry's and got a quick and promt response from them. I also geve them the #s on the box so that they could investigate the problem. I also was able to take the box to Cabella's I showed my recipt and was able to exchange for another box. This time I took my caliper, and digital scale to make sure they were correct. Strangely enough there were 2 other mislabled boxes. The third was the right one. Sometimes the wrong labels get put on products. (I work in a ware house. It happens more than some people think.)
Also a big +1 for Midway CS they went out of thier way for me when my card was not working. I would recomend them anytime.
Old March 10, 2010, 07:02 PM   #32
golfballshootr

Rembrandt

My apologies!
Old March 10, 2010, 07:22 PM   #33
Elkins45

Quote:
She even wwent as far as to say while laughing .... "I need to see this!".
I don't think she was laughing at you. I think she was laughing at the situation.

Everybody makes mistakes, and everybody deserves the chance to make them right. If you write off a company every time they make a mistake then you better hope you have 100% perfect luck with Speer and Sierra or you will never be able to buy non-premium bullets again! I certainly can't imagine you will ever be able to buy another car!

I agree that Midway is a great company. I've been dealing with them since I saw their first ad in the mid-80's right after the rule change that let them sell mail order cartridge cases. My customer number was XXXXX001--first in my zip code.
Old March 10, 2010, 07:36 PM   #34
88KEYS

I have had good luck with Midway, been dealing with them around 25 years. Graf & Son's is great also!
Old March 10, 2010, 08:14 PM   #35
riverwalker76

THe only problem I had with the whole issue was Hornady's unwillingness to take responsibility for the mix-up. If they had said, "Sorry Mr. W. about the problem. What do we need to do to get this resolved?" Then we would be discussing a totally different outcome right now. Sorry that some of you don't feel the same way I do, but I'm not in a habit of giving my money to people who don't appreciate my business. No hard feelings.

As for the box ... I believe ... UncleNick or someone asked ... I had to open it with my knife when it got here. The box was a factory sealed container.

Old March 10, 2010, 08:53 PM   #36
Maromero

The OP is ranting and rightfully so. If he decides to take his business elsewhere it's his decision. He is not trying to incite a boycot against Hornady. Simply sharing his expirience. Do with his info as you wish.

"I've been called a lot of things.....but that's really low."

Why do lawyers have such a bad reputation?
Old March 10, 2010, 08:59 PM   #37
Tex S

Chill out dude!
Old March 10, 2010, 09:58 PM   #38
Shane Tuttle
Staff

OK, I see the situation is resolved. Unless the OP provides a valid point via PM, I'm closing this one before it gets ugly.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread