The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old February 25, 2000, 02:05 AM   #1
Guy B. Meredith

If you want to see a competition where the shooter's skill is the center piece, come on down to Morro Bay, California in June to the Hogue range for the S&W sponsered International Revolver Championship.

Jerry Miculek rules here, no less. However it is rumored that some stellar IPSC and PPC types will be challenging him this year.

S&W provides a lavish prize table (30 guns last year) and a couple of raffles. I won a PC 627 V-comp (one of FIVE they gave away) with $20 worth of raffle tickets last year as an observer. Go to the S&W site to check that baby out.

This year I will be competing using the PC 627 V-comp. It is the same gun Jerry used to create three (THREE) world records, but I don't think I will be on his mind as he sizes up the competition. I will, however, be having FUN.

By the way, those "silly" rules in IPSC and IDPA are only important if you want to officially place. You can ignore the classifications and just enjoy the activity.
Old February 25, 2000, 05:59 AM   #2
Ned Roundtree

Sounds like a lot of fun. Don't really worry about classification as some guys go for their best and some hold back so they can place high in their class. But you do need to be classified to shoot in the IDPA state matches. Kentucky is having their first IDPA state Match in April 2000. Shooting from concealed. IDPA , where the shooter counts most.