The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 26, 2010, 01:31 PM   #26
botachtactical

Hi guys- Dan from Botach Tactical

hi everyone,

I put up a post a while ago, and I actually have been posting on other forums as well. Basically, I put myself up to the task of helping all customers who emailed me.

And the response has been good all around. I haven't received a ton of feedback from thefiringline.com forums, but I am looking forward to it.

give me a try

[email protected]

Thanks!
Old February 3, 2010, 12:04 AM   #27
renomike

Botach Tactical Gear

I placed an order for a sling package (single point bungee sling and adapter) for my M4 carbine and was told via email that it had shipped. My cc was charged the next day. Upon further check on the UPS tracking # I noticed that the order had been updated to awaiting P/up. I was unaware that Botach had received some bad reviews such as delayed delivery, poor customer service, etc., etc. I know, I must be getting old! I was Police Detective for a large city in CA. for 29 years! Thanks to The Firing Line and now doing some checking, I came across the posting by Dan who is the Rep. for Botach. I sent him an email and got an immediate response. He told me the adapter for the sling package that I had ordered was not in stock. To make a long story short, I was able to switch to another package (same price) that was in stock and received it with in three days. The sling and adapter that I received were of very good quality and were about half the price of other Tac. Gear sites!
My suggestion is Botach has good gear at great prices, but I would call ahead to make sure the items you want are in stock and let Dan assist you, he did a good job helping me!
Old February 3, 2010, 11:13 AM   #28
TRguy

I have read bad reviews about Botach, but myself I have ordered from them on three occasions.

All orders were correct and timely, so I have nothing but kudos to Botach on my limited experience with them
Old February 3, 2010, 11:19 AM   #29
Mal H
Staff

Dan, if you're looking for feedback, you might want to stroll on over to THR and this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=500105
(You will probably have to join the forum to view that thread. It's in the feedback forum over there which is only visible to members.)

I had left a post asking members over there to contact you, but I don't think that's happened.
Old February 5, 2010, 03:18 AM   #30
kerby

i have ordered three times in the last six months from Botach. Quick delivery, fair pricing, never a problem. There are a few firearms and tact equip companies that could take a lesson here.

thanks
kerby
las vegas

Last edited by kerby; February 5, 2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old February 10, 2010, 02:12 PM   #31
botachtactical

Hi guys

Thanks for the nice feedback. As you can see things are turning around!

Nevertheless, there are a number of customers left in the dark about how we can help them. If you know anyone, either in person, or on other forums who have experienced problems, please have them email me.

[email protected]

Thanks!

-Dan
Old February 24, 2010, 12:43 PM   #32
jefferson

BoTactical

Hello,
I just wanted to share my views on this thread.
I ordered from them one time and received my order in a week(ot bad considering they are 30 miles from me) but I purchased another order with them, they charged my card and I have not received any confirmation for over a week. I called for 3 weekdays before finally reaching someone and they told me my items are backordered. They already charged me for the items.
I don't know what to think, but I did find this link about them with a bunch of complaints.

http://botach-tactical.pissedconsumer.com/

just my 2 cents on the deal
Old February 24, 2010, 10:12 PM   #33
rdmallory

I won a auction on GB from them on 2/21/2010
I e-mail them and asked how to pay and send my FFL.

2/22/2010 Received reply and called with CC info. Also had my FFL send another copy even though I was told they had it on file. I did ask and they told me the firearm was in stock.

2/23/2010 nothing.. Chard still not charged and no shipping info.

I e-mailed asked for a status report and tracking number. No reply

Today 2/24/2010 received invoice showing chard had been charged and was to be shipped UPS ground. No tracking number yet.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress. Dan has been CC on all e-mails so he should know what is going on.

Their Gun Broker feedback is good so I am guessing they make sure those are in stock at least. That is the reason I purchased it through GB instead from the site.

Doug
Old February 25, 2010, 12:28 AM   #34
GreySmoke

I sent the following email tonight we will see how they respond. The Subject contained my order number.

Dan,
I saw your post on TheFiringLine.com. Can you please give me an update on this order. I have sent several emails to CS and get no response.
I even tried to cancel the order today with no response. I would like the merchandise if you can get me a answer, if not please cancel the order. And of course make sure my CC was not charged or refund the money. But either way please give me an answer.

Thanks and regards
Ben LeGare
GreySmoke
Old February 25, 2010, 05:24 PM   #35
rdmallory

Update.

Received tracking number today and it was shipped 2nd day air yesterday for free. Things are looking up...

Doug
Old February 28, 2010, 09:14 AM   #36
rdmallory

Gun arrived, and seal was still intact on the box.

Great price and service for me.

Doug
Old February 28, 2010, 11:42 AM   #37
GreySmoke

Dan did finally reply to my email. most of what I had ordered was not available and as a result I canceled my order.
Old March 1, 2010, 10:15 PM   #38
jefferson

botach-worst service

It has been 9 days since I e-mailed Dan, he said he would handle it and nothing has happened since. Still have a charge on my CC for the item that was backordered and I have called them everyday, never one time has someone answered. I just want this to be solved so I can move on and stay clear of this place. I understand things get backordered, but let people know and don't charge them for the item you don't even have in your building. Its amazing that this place is still in business.
Old March 10, 2010, 04:09 PM   #39
botachtactical

Hello

Jefferson, I would love to help.

I apologize if I missed your email.

Please email me:

[email protected]
Old March 18, 2010, 08:40 PM   #40
superpelly

ANOTHER NOT HAPPY CAMPER------ STAY AWAY FROM BOTACH

OK, here's the deal if you go on there site and look up the MBUS backup sights

here;
http://www.botachtactical.com/magpulmbus.html

you see a price of 37.95 front site, if you click on the arrow you will see
a price of 17.10 (rear sight add)

so I thought I bought the front sight for 37.95 and the rear sight for 17.10
thinking that I got a good deal, because I can buy the pair for 69.00 from another site. So I ordered them. Got the package today and finding only the rear sight, no front sight. I called and talked to a lady who was not friendly at all. I explained to her that they forgot to add the front sight .
She said no, you only paid for the rear sight for 55$. We went back and forth and she finally says that the MBUS sight has base price of 37.95 and that if you want the rear sight you have to add additional 17.10 plus the base price of 37.95 and thats what you got is the rear sight!! So if I want the front sight it will be additional 37.95 for the front sight .

She than said I got to go and hung up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this particular item is really deceptive!!!!

Why don't they just say;
front sight 37.95
and rear sight 55.00

They are just trying to make it look like the front sight is 37.95 and if you want the reaR sight add 17.10. I know to good to be true!!!
Old June 30, 2010, 08:19 PM   #41
thelock

I recently placed an order with Botach. I then read some negative reviews about the company. I also saw that Dan had posted that Botach is interested in changing their publc rep, and to shoot him an email. I did so, and he ensured my order came through as ordered and on time(7 busniess days from date of order).

So thanks Dan! Botach has great prices, and if anyone is having problems with their order, then I strongly recommend sending Dan an email.
Old February 4, 2011, 10:23 AM   #42
glocktoys

made a order last night, wish i seen this first. wwill post feedback if i get my items.
Old January 11, 2012, 05:10 PM   #43
SpitRhyma

MOUSE: "a mishap" is very unclear. Can you tell us what the mishap was?

I saw an optional box for entering your e-mail for receiving a confirmation and I entered it...

They never sent me a confirmation...

I left a message with them yesterday and they didn't call me back all day today.

I've called them several times today and they just play hold music and tell me to leave a message... and then they still don't respond.

BotachTactical = Garbage
Old January 12, 2012, 08:08 PM   #44
Uncle Malice

The only item I ever ordered from Botach before was the Sig P229 .22LR conversion kit. I don't recall having a bad experience, so I wasn't leary about ordering from them.

I saw that they were now having some coupon codes - "slickmag" for Magpul PMAGs at $11.89 or something like that... or "Facebook2012" for 10% off your entire order.

I went ahead and ordered the new Magpul STR stock($100) and the Geissele SSA-E trigger($200). The 10% off code brought my order down to $270. I look at it as spending $100 for the stock and getting the trigger for $170(which is awesome. It's nearly impossible to find it below $198).

We'll see how they do. I'm a little discouraged to see the results here, but hopefully they're doing better these days. I see that they are frequently advertised on SlickGuns.com
Old January 13, 2012, 06:04 PM   #45
trex1310

Look at the dates on the posts. The last one was a year ago!
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg
Old January 13, 2012, 06:53 PM   #46
Uncle Malice

For 1, it's a rolling thread about a vendor... It doesn't matter how old the thread is. They are still a current gear vendor.

As an update, I received an email update that the 2 items in my order were back ordered for 3 weeks out. I tried to call and could not reach anyone. I ended up leaving a message and sent an email to cancel my order, indicating that the only reason i ordered the items from them was because it said that they were in stock.

My credit card was already billed too. Hopefully it won't take too long to get my refund since it would appear that no one actually works there.

I went ahead and ordered the Geissele trigger from Brownell's since they had the best price i could find today. I'll hold off on the stock until i see some more of my usual vendors get them in stock.
Old January 14, 2012, 10:01 PM   #47
xsiv4s

Hi dan, I'm still waiting on the completion of my Gunbroker order in June. It was my third and final purchase from you guys. I ordered a case of ammo and got someone elses return which had only nine boxes in the case. 7 months later and countless wasted hours, yet the order isn't complete. I also don't appreciate the filthy lies and negative feedback I got from you on Gunbroker. Tell Mike I hope I run into him at the Shotshow, I am looking forward to discussing this with him personally.
Old January 16, 2012, 09:03 AM   #48
Chilli9880

I would also like to give some feedback on Botach Tactical. Couple months ago, I purchased a S&W M&P 40c. Not a big fan of the one style of magazine that came with it. As I was shopping around I came across Botach and it appear they were offering a decent price on magazines, plus I saw this "XGrip". The XGrip, lets you put full size magazines into the compact model. So I orderd a M&P .40 full size magazine and this "XGrip".

Got my confirmation email within 12 hours. But didn't hear from them again until 3 days later when my order was finally shipped. THEN... after that I get an email telling me that one of my items might be on back order, so don't be scared when only one item shows??? After 10 business days, I received the .40 magazine in the mail with the XGrip not included. I check on my shipping receipt that I received 3 days after purchase and their next to the XGrip price is a column B/O with a "Y" under it. I go on to the website and pull up a fresh order from scratch for the "XGrip" no where anywhere on their site does it say that the XGrip is on back order.

We are now 28 days removed and no update on the XGrip and I've called twice during their horrible business hours with no answer.

I would not recommend Botach Tactical.
Old January 24, 2012, 03:15 PM   #49
Biks

Botach -excellent

Botach always has excellent prices, prompt service and if anything goes wrong they work aggressively to fix it
Quite simply they combine good -often the best - prices with top drawer service.
Old January 25, 2012, 08:02 AM   #50
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Botach always has excellent prices, prompt service and if anything goes wrong they work aggressively to fix it
Quite simply they combine good -often the best - prices with top drawer service.
Did anybody hear lightning strike when this post was made?

Botach never works aggressively to fix problems and have never been known for top drawer service, LOL. Complaints about Botach go back 12 years and that is just for threads with "Botach" in the title.

I have ordered from Botach in the past, FWIW.