The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 21, 2006, 06:16 PM   #1
glock19er

wilsons new 9mm

does this look familar to anyone? i bought one of these back in 1996 when heritage arms had them for 215 dollars.now since it got wilson name on it they are charging 579 dollars for it.it just dont seem right to me or is it just me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adpistol.jpg (99.5 KB, 381 views)
Old June 22, 2006, 07:27 AM   #2
Josh Aston

I hope they seriously overhauled the safety and trigger mechanism. The safety on my Heritage does nothing but make the trigger pull a little harder. I've never put a round through the pistol because I can't get it to chamber one. The striker doesn't start to cock until too late in the forward movement of the slide, so the rim of the cartridge catches on the protruding striker and stops all forward movement. Mine may be the only one that has that particular problem with the striker, but I've heard of many with the safety problem. Not to mention the manual safety that doesn't work is, as far as I can tell, the only safety the gun has.
Old June 22, 2006, 10:27 AM   #3
Musketeer

I cannot see Wilson putting their name on anything they do not have faith in. With what they charge for a gun if it got out they were selling a faulty substandard firearm they would be in big trouble. I would bet this thing has been tested pretty well.
Old June 22, 2006, 03:15 PM   #4
ScaryWoody

The South African ADP (which Wilson relabels) comes standard with a 15 round magazine. It is exported only with a 10 round magazine. It looks like it is just a straight import. I too hope that Wilson has at least modified that horrible safety and beefed up the gas piston assembly but I'm guessing not. I think the ADP has potential and Wilson would be a company to further develop it. I'm looking forward to a range report.

Josh, you should send your pistol (if you still have it) into Heritage Arms. It has a 10 year warrantee.
Old June 22, 2006, 09:34 PM   #5
The Body Bagger

same thing Springfield did with the XD or should I say HS2000?
Old June 22, 2006, 10:08 PM   #6
Earnest T. Bass

I don't know if it's reliable, but it sure is a contender for the "Fugliest Pistol Ever" championship...
Old June 23, 2006, 02:50 AM   #7
choover

I thought their catalog says it has a wilson slide.
Old June 23, 2006, 06:07 AM   #8
Josh Aston

Quote:
The South African ADP (which Wilson relabels) comes standard with a 15 round magazine. It is exported only with a 10 round magazine. It looks like it is just a straight import.
The pics of the magazines look identical to the one the Heritage uses and there's no way they could possibly hold 15 rds. At least not without some kind of extension. The dimensions are virtually identical to the GLock 26/27. The heritage did seem a bit smaller though because the slide wasn't as blocky and the grip was a bit thinner than the Glocks.

I've sent Wilson Combat an e-mail requesting some more info on the ADP and whether it had been redesigned since the Heritage days or if it was just a cosmetic make over. I'll let y'all know once I get a response.
Old June 23, 2006, 10:11 AM   #9
mini14jac

If I recall, the original Heritage had a 10rd mag, and was only slightly bigger than a KelTec.
(And it sold for <$300!)

And yes, that is one ugly gun!

The Heritage wasn't that ugly to start with.
It just couldn't find it's place among polymer guns.
Old June 23, 2006, 06:26 PM   #10
glock19er

heritage arms

comparing it to the pic.it looks pretty close of being the same thing.i think charging extra money for a name doesnt take the fact away that its still a 300 dollar gun when first came out.same gun,different names.
Old April 19, 2009, 07:19 PM   #11
pietskiet

hi. I own a truvelo adp mk2 .40. 8round cap. The mk1 is crap. If you take it to a gunsmith and have the internal parts polished then it works 100%. Btw wilson is ova charging. I paid. 3900 rand and a glock went for 9000rand. I love my littel adp
Old April 20, 2009, 06:10 AM   #12
PSP

This is one of the posts that scared me off.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...&highlight=adp