The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 17, 2015, 03:44 PM   #1
Carriertxv

Lock N Load

I just got one a few weeks ago and have gotten it set up and adjusted with the various tips from several sources. One thing I have discovered is hole #5 appears to be machined a bit deeper than the other 4. I can take any bushing I have and it is quite a bit looser than the others.

Before I noticed this I contacted Hornady about the powder dispenser coming loose and they are sending me some shims for this.
So my question is has anyone else noticed this on their press as I'm going to contact Hornady next week.
Old May 18, 2015, 02:49 PM   #2
Carriertxv

Talked to Hornady today and they are sending a bushing to replace the one that is too loose. I didn't realize they can be replaced and am very happy about this.
Old May 18, 2015, 03:35 PM   #3
jr05

If the bushings do not help, the shims will. I had to shim my powder measure as you mentioned to keep it from backing out. It only took one shim, they sent me 6.